Handlebar electrical outlets

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twodogs

Reaction score
Some may have seen my earlier addition of a bracket and blueseas box under the tail posted here:. https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?s...c=16751&hl=.

In the photo below, the white 10-2 supply wire from the battery is visible in the photo on the bike's rignt (photo left), the 16-4 output wire to the front is on the bike's left. Unseen, the 16-4 runs along the left side of the tank and then passes the left side of the steering head:

IMG_2105.jpg

For electronics (only) output in the front I mounted this box to the underside of a steering stem mount the top of which holds my GPS. The photo is from the right side of the bike. Each of the three hots has an outlet jack, one on each side of the box and one on the top. You can also see the supply line entering the box and, in the background, the connector that can be used to disconnect it:

P1000808.jpg

Here's the connector unplugged in a photo from the left side of the bike. Note color coding for ground vs. hot (all come from the battery via the blueseas):

P1000804.jpg

And here it is with it's little rubber cap for when the box is disconnected:

P1000806.jpg

The box uses locking 2.5 x 5.5mm jacks (Philmore # 2512) which mate with locking 2.5 x 5.5 mm DC power plugs (Philmore # 2560).

Last edited by a moderator: