Handlebar mirrors?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Potential

Reaction score
Anyone know of a way to get handlebar mirrors on an FJR? (EDIT: I mean 'normal' handlebar mirrors, not bar-ends.) The mounting bolt pattern for the clutch/brake perches seems unusual so a perch mount probably can't be used, and it doesn't look like there might be enough free room on the handlebars to use a clamp mount. Is there an adapter that replaces the pivot bolt for the clutch or brake levers that can be used to mount a mirror?

Last edited by a moderator:
Clickie
Google has many more hits
Yeah but I don't want bar-end mirrors; my main goal in avoiding the stock mirrors is to make the bike narrower, plus bar-ends are more susceptible to vibration and they're harder to look at due to being farther out. Rizoma makes nice bar-end mirrors that actually go over the grips but I'd prefer "normal" mirrors.

The A has a mount for a mirror already on the clutch side. You can screw in an after market mirror there, just pop off the plastic cover. There isn't one on the brake side.

The A has a mount for a mirror already on the clutch side. You can screw in an after market mirror there, just pop off the plastic cover. There isn't one on the brake side.
Oh, is that what that smooth black "button" is? Do you just hand-unscrew it? In any case I'd need a symmetrical setup for both sides...

Oh, is that what that smooth black "button" is? Do you just hand-unscrew it? In any case I'd need a symmetrical setup for both sides...
You'd have to drill and tap the right side to match the left. Not difficult, but expensive if you screw it up.

I wonder if you can get mirrors on there that would clear the windscreen at full turn in both directions.

If you are a machinest, or have a friend that is, it's possible to make new mounting brackets for the resievoirs with bosses in them that are drilled and tapped for the mirrors. Might help with any potential clearance problems, and give you want you want att he same time.

Part # 14: BRACKET, MASTER CYLI p/n: 1743561-001

Clickie You'll have to hunt around for the actual fish, I can't link directly to it.

If you are a machinest, or have a friend that is, it's possible to make new mounting brackets for the resievoirs with bosses in them that are drilled and tapped for the mirrors. Might help with any potential clearance problems, and give you want you want att he same time.
Part # 14: BRACKET, MASTER CYLI p/n: 1743561-001

Clickie You'll have to hunt around for the actual fish, I can't link directly to it.
I think that's exactly what I'll have to do. There's no place to drill on the right-side reservoir assembly so a custom bracket replacement will be needed... for both sides, to keep the mirrors symmetrical.

Latest posts