Handlebar Mounting Bolts???

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B8mn1

Reaction score
I bought an '05 that already had raisers installed. I was wondering if someone out there, who has installed the raisers and knows they will keep them on, has the six (stock, original) allen head bolts to use with just the bars.

I'm haven't gone to Yamaha to order them, just thought someone might send me a set, (I'll pay shipping +) Yamaha will probly get $2.00 each or more.. :eek: ...

Thanks,

Ben

The two different sets of risers I've seen, both used the the six (stock, original) allen head bolts to use with just the bars. They both sent six new bolts to mount the risers and are to re-use the stock bolts for the bars.

Make a run down to your local hardware store and pick up some SS socket head metric cap bolts. Take one of the riser bolts along to check diameter & thread pitch. For length, measure the counter-sink in the bars and add the triple clamp thread depth and you'll have it. Torque is 14 ft lb. Cheaper then the local ahamaY dealer and twice the fun.

--G

I bought an '05 that already had raisers installed. I was wondering if someone out there, who has installed the raisers and knows they will keep them on, has the six (stock, original) allen head bolts to use with just the bars.
I'm haven't gone to Yamaha to order them, just thought someone might send me a set, (I'll pay shipping +) Yamaha will probly get $2.00 each or more.. :eek: ...

Thanks,

Ben
Hi,

It sounds like you just gave up a true sport bike for an FJR, otherwise you would not be asking for wrist/back pain. :D So what were you riding before the FJR?

I have what you need, for free, plus you pay shipping if it is significant, otherwise I don't mind spending $5.00 to help out. ;) Do you have a paypal account? Send your email address to [email protected] and we can exchange info. :agent:

Thanks for the replys...

I would rather have the stock original bolts, only because, with my sometimes bad luck,, I would end up with a slightly different (like standard not metric) thread and strip out the threads....

It sounds like most guys have added the raisers, and Yamaha is making the '06 adjustable, but is there anyone who has tried stock and raisers and prefers the stock position??

I'll email Edgar and try and get his,, then I'll have a comparison of the difference, There is a good likelihood that I'll end up with the raisers back on, but I always have the grass is greener syndrome.... what ever I don't have....

Thanks all,,,

Ben

Last time I checked in my area (Seattle), none of the big box stores had stainless steel metric allen head cap screws. Home Depot's non-stainless black anondized ones show rust if it rains on the way back from the store.

- Mark

I have a local "True Value" that always has the SS metric bolts I need. You might also try "Ace Hardware". The neighborhood hardware stores have proved an invaluable resource when I'm constructing something custom , where the "big box" stores just want me to check myself out and get out of the way.

Any good local H/W store should have them but if not.....

Try https://www.mcmaster.com/

type metric Stainless socket cap in the search window. You will find what you are looking for. The last time I bought SS Metric socket caps screws from them it was $12 delivered quickly for a 25 pack. A quick guess on the size and length you might need is ~ $8 for 10. It would probably be cheaper to by them from McMaster Carr than going to your local H/W store. Maybe not faster but it usually only takes a few days for them to deliver.......