Handlebar utensil bag

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

randy3116

Reaction score
The FJR's glovebox is handy but I would like a bit more (read convenient) method to store small items. Touratech makes a small utensil bag that fits between the handlebars on the BMW1200RT et.al. Does anyone know if this bag would fit the FJR? If not, are there similar bags to the Touratech that do fit the Feejer?

Umm...
Have you ever heard of a tank bag?

And don't forget pockets....

You can also just duct tape stuff to the tank, it'll be right there when ya need it.

Also...you can have your girl-freind/wife follow along in the mini van and carry all the crap you want...................

KM

The FJR's glovebox is handy but I would like a bit more (read convenient) method to store small items. Touratech makes a small utensil bag that fits between the handlebars on the BMW1200RT et.al. Does anyone know if this bag would fit the FJR? If not, are there similar bags to the Touratech that do fit the Feejer?

Pics???

This bag ??

01-047-0210-01-lg.jpg

""Outside dimensions approx. 10" (tapers to 7") x 6" x 1.5"""

These loonies shy away from handlebar bags as it would interfere with the gps/ipod/CC/TPgage/radar/Comsystem/analstimulator....etc...etc............

These loonies shy away from handlebar bags as it would interfere with the gps/ipod/CC/TPgage/radar/Comsystem/analstimulator....etc...etc............
:blink: Those aren't required ridding items, are they?

That's pretty close, jwilly....for the harley.

brdrpy......they are required in kalifornia.

PIC00001.jpg

Not pretty but I found this pretty handy back when I had my 05. It was at a truck stop & had long (actually too long) straps I could wrap around the handle bars. I put some soft cotton under it to protect the tank. Tossed all kinds of things in there & it was handy. Didn't look too good though. The Touratech looks much better.

Last edited by a moderator:
I called Touratech in Seattle yesterday. They told me that they were not sure if the the Handlebar Utinsel bag would fit on an FJR. I like the idea too, since I'm really not into the whole "tank bag thing". I just don't like how the handlebars hit the tankbag in locked turns. I measured the handlebar width on my 07 and it looks like it would be a close fit. I'm going to down to Touratech on Thursday to look at the bag up close. If I think it will fit, I'm going to buy one. Once I do that, I'll post some pics.

David