Harbor Freight Lift Ramp

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DELETE-PLEASE

Reaction score
https://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/disp...temnumber=99900

Looks like a very cheap alternative to the Rampage Lift Ramp. I read the installation instructions. A little confusing. The initial installation will definitely take a while, especially if I run the wires properly to the battery, or to a switch in the vehicle (routing around the frame, maybe through the firewall, stuff like that). But I'm wondering to what extent does it "uninstall" in minutes.

Anyone use it? Might be handy to have a "motorcycle tow pickup" for my friends and whoever needs it.

If it works well, and is recommended by others, all that's left is to convince the wife-to-be that I need it.

Alexi

Alexi,

Check forum history/search.

A thread was posted concerning this ramp with photos. Thinking it got some positive reviews.

Personally I prefer using a small trailer over a pickup bed for moving 'cycles around. For one thing, it doesn't require a gas guzzling rickup truck. For another, getting a bike on and off the bed is difficult at bets and a lot of drops happen that way. Thirdly, a trailer is useful for hauling other stuff.

The trailers can cost as little as $5-600. Only down side is you have to have aplace to store it when not in use.

Trailer is the mutz nutz-I got one on sale from HF for $200...a piece of 3/4 plywood, some eyebolts, and a HF wheel chock complete the settup..My wife can handle it- she recently brought it 200 miles to N Hampshire to rescue my riding bud's Blackbird which had crapped it's cam chain tensioner. Trailer worked great..[wife, not so much]

...But I'm wondering to what extent does it "uninstall" in minutes.
I read the installation PDF, it looks like you just remove the 4 mounting bolts (since they are in Rivnuts that'd be quick)

then disconnect the electrical and remove. However it doesn't mention anywhere how much it weights and the installation

section says:

To install the unit on a truck bed will require additional manpower and a proper lifting device (forklift, crane, etc.). (See Figure A.)
So I'm thinking that if you have "additional manpower" and a proper "lifting device" it'd come out pretty quick.