Has anyone developed an accessory mount to bridge the bars?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redzgrider

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
On a recent 400 mile day I had far too much time for abstract contemplations -- you know, how to end world hunger, cure the continuing energy crisis, etc. One of the thoughts I had was that there seems to be an ideal bridge point between the bars, going from each cover plate mount location, where one might hold something small and light, such as a compass, GPS, or cell phone. A site search didn't turn up anything -- but that may be my lack of critical search abilities. Just wondering if this has already been tried -- and possibly failed -- before investing any time or energy. I hate re-inventing a wheel, particularly if that wheel has already been shown to not roll...

https://www.migsel.com/store/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=17

Here is another option that mounts on the two screws that hold the front of the fuel tank to the frame.

This item won't work with a custom bar riser plate such as MCL but works fine with bar risers that used under the bars on the stock triple clamp plate.

I have a used one for sale, in perfect condition. I changed to a MCL riser plate and can't use it.

I fabricated this as a switch for auxiliary lights, and it doubles as a mount for gps, gps bluetooth antenna, or cellphone.

Clearwaters-4.jpg

Similar to that depicted above by mcatrophy, it is secured to the two handlebar cover plate screws.

I can provide build details if anyone is interested

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! Several options that border on exactly what I was thinking of. Bluesdog, if you could provide details that would be great. mcatrophy, any chance you'd share the dimensions you used?