Has anyone ever tried this windscreen trim?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, I'm so bad to even think about this --> Click Search, copy this word: saeng paste into the search box...

It worked well, but caught bugs pretty good. I MUCH prefer my CBaileys with a flip. Way good times.

GZ

I posted a whole topic recently under "technical discussion" post. The saeng website also shows the wing tips and winglets. I ordered the edging for my yami tour screen. I measured four feet to cover the shield. The Saeng web site is confusing to me as I cannot decifer what saeng is offering when you view products and they try to combine a "package" with the edging. Look at lets say the wing tips then under the same page they offer the edging. Its a peel and stick but has no length but has two sizes to offer. Now when you look at the edging alone it contradicts what they are offering. I dont know, but it's worth a shot. I will post a review how this edging works. Additionally, customer service with "saeng" really s*%ks. You cannot get anyone to respond to an e-mail let alone calling direct.

Last edited by a moderator:
i have my touring shield trimmed out in the product. it runs around from both rubber mirror mounts. it does help wind buffeting somewhat, but at the price saeng sells the stuff, not that big of a bang for the buck..i found the section i use on EBAY, paid $25 a few years back.

it wont fit on my vstream because the stream is so much thicker than the yamaha shield.

pm me if you want more info or details.

cadman

Sorry for the late reply, I consume computers like I consume beer....there all good as long as they're other peoples :rolleyes: !

I have the Saeng trim on my 05 stock shield and for 30 bucks (as I recall), it does help buffeting some, especially at highway speeds, 80+.

As our summers are pretty warm, it still allows good airflow around town and I havent caught too many extra bugs with it, but hey, I'm a friggin vegitarian so a little extra protein doesnt hurt !

Its been on for over 4 years now in all weather and 40K miles and still does the job OK. If your height/size is putting you into the full turbulent zone I'd opt for a taller/wider shield. YMMV !

Blessings,

Bobby

I use it on my (winter only) Cee Bailey's. I don't use it in summer... as that's when I want the max airflow possible.

different bike but yes.

It does re-direct air a tad IMO ...but not much

it gives a sharp outline that looks good -especially if you keep it clean ..but it is kinda large and some claim it gets in the way with line-of site. I never felt that it did. IMO kinda cool, but no replacement for the correct shield, a small improvement at best.

saen1.jpg

saeng2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts