Has Anyone Have Instructions for FJR Factory Heated Grips?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1.) Typing in CAPS is like shouting. First, its not necessary; second, most of us don't like to read it.

2.) Have you bothered to read the "'06-'08 Bin-O-Facts (Generation II), Accumulation of '06+ FJR Data" thread as suggested when you joined the forum? There might be information there. Linky thingy

Or, you could use the Google search method:

heated grips site:fjrforum.com

Yamaha heated grips site:fjrforum.com

Good luck on your quest for knowledge and information.

1.) Typing in CAPS is like shouting. First, its not necessary; second, most of us don't like to read it.
2.) Have you bothered to read the "'06-'08 Bin-O-Facts (Generation II), Accumulation of '06+ FJR Data" thread as suggested when you joined the forum? There might be information there. Linky thingy

Or, you could use the Google search method:

heated grips site:fjrforum.com

Yamaha heated grips site:fjrforum.com

Good luck on your quest for knowledge and information.

Only thing I laughed at in the instructions was the estimated time, 1.5 hours. Seemed to be good instructions to me but they do assume a level of mechanical knowledge. Service manual is helpful also.

davidhprince,

I installed mine about two weeks ago, using the Yamaha instruction and some tips I got here. Do you have any specific question? The best tip I saw here is that the electrical connections for the power to the grips are both located near the front left turn signal - this info is not in the instructions nor in the manual.

Ron

PS: the peanut gallery here is brutal, but the information is great and simply not available any place else.

The instructions say "Make sure to install Mirror Fitting Plate 2 with the 7.5 mm pan head screw , and the guide plate with the 35mm button head screw as shown".

So where does the guide plate actually go..... ? On the clutch side, of course.

After installing the grips this afternoon, I came to the conclusion that it may have been easier to have purchased an AE.

Last edited by a moderator: