Has anyone installed Back Off Module

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its a snip. err Snap. splice 1 wire and it works like a charm. If you opt for LED lights, you need the one that specifically works with LEDs tho. Theres a nice spot by the ECU to mount it too B)

I have Garauld's luggage rack with the adapter plate for the six inch LED light bar (https://www.signaldynamics.com/products/LightBars/ulb.asp). I have the Backoff unit wired to this light bar so that I have both solid & flashing brake indicators. Installation was relatively painless & I haven't had any problems. The biggest drawback to this setup are the ugly wires running from the light bar to the seat.

although not as big, the Kisan taillight modulator fits in the stock taillight socket and took about 4 minutes to install both. The lights are about 2x brighter than stock, and the flash pattern does keep the cagers back.

Kisan Tailblazer

The Kisan is nice, but very expensive. A module is around $38.00. Each bulb is $80.00 and I think there are two bulbs.