Has anyone used the BreakAway Throttle Lock

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've used one on my Magna and on the V-Strom. Great product, but it can be a pain to set up so that it works just right. Customer service is excellent. I would buy one again for the FJR, but I just haven't gotten around to it.

I've used one on my Magna and on the V-Strom. Great product, but it can be a pain to set up so that it works just right. Customer service is excellent. I would buy one again for the FJR, but I just haven't gotten around to it.
Who did you buy from and what did you end up paying and can you elaborate on what you mean by a "pain to set up", thanks...

Who did you buy from and what did you end up paying and can you elaborate on what you mean by a "pain to set up", thanks...
if you want to wait a week i may have one to sell you as i am having an audiovox installed in the 22nd.

Richard

thats expensive. The vista cruise is 20 bucks and does the exact same thing. It just requires a little modification from what they ship you.

Here is the hot ticket. About 90 buckeroos. Same idea as VistaCruise but made out of metal, looks great, fits great, works great. Madco.

I ordered both through the Brakeaway website. Kim gave me a 10% discount when I ordered one for the V-Strom, since I was a repeat customer.

As far as setup... there are quite a few small parts, including linkages that have to be set just right so that the front brake lever will disengage the lock instantly. For me, it involved lots of trial & error settings on both models. The FJR model looks like it's set up a little bit differently so it might not involve the same troubles I had with the others. Once it's on right, it works great & I think you'll like it.

If you decide to get it, you might want to familiarize yourself with the installation destructions (may not come up in Firefox) before it arrives.

Has anyone out there used this Throttle lock it looks really cool but proof is in its use plus its very expensive..https://brakeawayproducts.com/appguide-6CB02.html

Yes, it is very expensive but I find it works very well. I've never had a Vista Cruise but I can tell you the brake release function on the Brakeaway is a nice touch.

As far as install goes, grip removal is the hardest step. The compressed air technique works well. While there are a good deal of parts, I found that they go together quite well. The key is to use locktite on the four set screws that secure the collar to the throttle tube. Once they are secure and cannot loosen, there is no need for further adjustment.

Has anyone out there used this Throttle lock it looks really cool but proof is in its use plus its very expensive..https://brakeawayproducts.com/appguide-6CB02.html
I had a Vista Cruise on a previous bike and I have a BrakeAway on the FJR. The Vista Cruise is extremely functional; it does what it's designed to do very well and for the price, it's great. I absolutely love the BrakeAway. Yes it's very expensive, but in terms of looks and the materials it's made from, it's not even in the same league as the Vista Cruise. The thing I like best about the Brakeaway is the fact it automatically disengages when the font brake lever is applied (can also be disengaged using your right thumb). Yes, it did take some adjusting to get set up just right, but once done, it works flawlessly. I guess comparing the Vista Cruise to the Brakeaway is like comparing a Toyota Corolla to a Lexus LS460: they'll both get you from point A to point B. It's just that one looks and feels a WHOLE lot nicer than the other.

Here is the hot ticket. About 90 buckeroos. Same idea as VistaCruise but made out of metal, looks great, fits great, works great. Madco.

Agree, just installed my Madco, great product. Only gripe is that the flip switch could be a bit bigger when your wearing thick gloves.