Have $$$,shall soon be farkling

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2wheelingdawg

R.I.P. Our Motorcycling Friend
Reaction score
I am selling my hunting stuff, figured nice fall days will now be spent on the FJR in the N ga mountains. Question is, I'm not sure what is a good farkle and what would be considered a waste of money. I like taking trips, weekend rides, and alot of commuting. So far i have added, highway pegs, Givi trunk, throttle lock, ordered me a tank bag and some 2 brothers slip ons today. I thought about heated grips, but i got some really great winter gloves for Christmas, and now heated grips aren't so much of an issue. What are some good things to add to the bike?

my highway pegs go in the same hole as the sliders. I got the ones from sampson sport touring. Maybe could go with the sliders, then swap out before a long trip, or maybe to much work.

If you have good gear (Motoport/aerostitch/etc), gas and tires. Then decide what more you want after a few thousand miles. I loves my cruise control... but, to each his own.

If no on the gear... well, there's your answer.

got good riding gear. motoport for now, would like to upgrade to Stitch when this wears out. news brain bucket. Maybe some good boots, , but that's about all i need gear wise. Got me a nice rainsuit it Daytona, just what we need in Ga in a drought right?

My farklitis started with several attempts to make the 05 more comfy for girlfriend so she'd do some long rides with me. Started with a Sargent seat. You have the backrest already with your Givi. After many other farkles, I picked up a Wilbers shock. With the seat, backrest, and shock, she's MUCH more comfy. However, now she has many other excuses not to ride on real long trips.

The throttle rocker/vista cruise combo is a real lifesaver for my hands and wrists. Magnum Blaster horns and FJRandy's wiring harness has startled a few sleeping cage drivers.

These are just the beginning. Welcome to Farkle Central!

A LOUDER HORN...... :clapping: :clapping:

If you're going to ride a lot, you will be glad you have this farkle. I have traveled plenty in GA and I believe some people there need to hear a louder horn than what you have as stock. I have the Nautilus Compact Air Horn....it is great.

Another suggestion....Tail Blazer. This is a good one, also!!!!

There is plenty you can spend money on for this bike.

Last edited by a moderator:
Suspension. Without a doubt. Yes, a good shock is pricey, front springs not so bad, but they will be well worth it.

I never will be able to own another motorcycle without an upgraded suspension after doing it to my FJR. A proper aftermarket suspension is just that good.

Latest posts