Haven't been around in a while

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edjo69

Reaction score
I am heading off on a 3,000 mile trip on July 15th and I have decided I need a bag for the rear to carry some extra stuff in (moto cover, nick nacks etc...) I was looking into the Wolfman Expedition and a few others. Security while riding and weather are my main concerns (I also liked the yellow for visibility) I am open to all suggestions and would also like pictures of setups if possible. I don't think I can afford a hard case but its not totally out of the question. Thanx, ed (almost forgot, solo ride so I can use the seat space for the bag)

Last edited by a moderator:
Lots of people like the MotoFizz bags sold by Aerostitch. They seem sturdy and look nice, but require use f a raincover to be waterproof.

Personally, being frugal, I use an old military duffle and just pack things in plastic bags before stuffing them in the duffle. I strap the duffle on pretty well so it can't be removed quickly by a thief.

If you were looking to do something on the cheap and quick you could add a piece of plywood to the top of the rear rack (cover the bottom of it so it doesn't scratch). You can find longer bolts to mount it at good fastener outlets. It would be easy to put some mounting points on, and then you could use a pretty large canvas bag.

I was going to suggest my Ex-wife but she can't carry much, and she makes more noise than the wind at highway speeds..

I've got a wolfman Mini-Beta bag. Someday I'll get around to doing a review of it. Synopsis: I like it. Fits well on the pillon seat of the FJR.

You might consider a Nelson-Rigg CL-200 with some sort of luggage lock or something...

See this link for pictures of my set-up with the CL-200:

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=117537

Note that the CL-200 does include a raincover (not shown in the pictures) that slips over the entire bag and will keep the contents completely dry in the heaviest of rains. That's about as much weather protection as it can provide but how much more would you need?

I also have a Givi V46 topcase that will mount to the PCA (Premier Cycle Accessories) rack shown on the back of the photos of the CL-200. Let me know if you'd like some pictures of that arrangement and I'll take some for you. I'm just uncertain if you're interested in the investment required for a hard topcase or not. The whole set-up for a hard topcase will most likely be at least approximately ~$500. You can't beat a hard topcase however for isolation from the elements or security.

All these are good options, but why not spend just a few dollars more and order the factory top case. It uses the same key as the rest of your bike, it matches the factory hard bags styling wise and paint color. Most dealers will give you a pretty good discount, if your's won't I see them discounted on-line.

I must admit I was skeptical at first but decided to go with the MotoFizz large. Went to order it and BAM, out of stock, so I ordered the medium, it arrived today and I believe I have a winner. It is a very nicely thought out bag, upon close inspection I am pleased as punch. I think with my side bags the Motofizz and a waterproof duffel I will have more than enough room for a 3 week trip. Thanks for all the suggestions, keep the shiny side up, ed