''Haynes service manual Gen1/Gen2/01-12 models''Will be available at September-November 2013!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mihalis fjr

Reaction score
Great news!

Today i received this two e-mails from Haynes

Hello Michalis,

Thank you for your enquiry, which has been passed to me.

I am happy to tell you that we are about to start work on a manual for the FJR1300; publication is provisionally scheduled for September 2013.

Regards

Matthew Minter
Editorial Director, UK Manuals Division, Haynes Publishing

Hello Michalis,

Yes, coverage will be up to 2012 and will include ABS models.

It looks as though September may be a bit optimistic for publication date, however. May be better to say November…

Regards

Matthew

Last edited by a moderator:
It can't hurt and if it's inexpensive I'll get one, but we'll see. I use a Haynes manual for my pickup truck because that's as good as it gets. It's only somewhat better than nothing because it covers many models without doing any of them very good.

I recently had to diagnose and repair multiple faults in my FJR ABS system and needed most of the 70 pages dedicated to ABS in the manual to do it. In my experience Haynes doesn't go into that level of detail for things that get dicey.

I bought a Haynes manual for my XTZ 750 many years ago..It is very good and i am very satisfied with it!

Helped me many times before!

Last edited by a moderator:
I like and look at the pretty pictures
+1
smile.png

Thanks Mihalis.

I have the Yamaha shop manual + this forum
help.gif

Haven't had much luck with Haynes. I bought one for my '91 VW Jetta, because the Bentley manual wasn't available at the time. To replace the heater core they have you tearing the whole dash apart, luckily I am a VWvortex forum member, first line of their procedure with pictures......'You don't have to remove the dash'.

Al
cold.gif

Latest posts