Headed to NAFO (17 July)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duff

Reaction score
OK, I'm leaving tomorrow and starting out with an SS1K... Yep, I'm a virgin! :rolleyes:

Just about too excited to get any sleep... :dribble:

...can't wait to see everyone again and meet a few new peeps! :yahoo:

See you there and safe traveling! :clapping:

He just left this evening. I spoke with him a few hours ago and he was almost to Victorville. He has until 5 pm Friday to get it done!

woohoo :yahoo:

I too am leaving out in the a.m. (7/19/08).

just put an extended leave message on my voice mail and e-mail.

getting ready to shut down here at work, go home pack up, eat a steak w/my wonderful wife (it's our anniversary today 21st) and head north in the morning.

see you peeps thursday :yahoo:

Duff made it to Breckenridge and completed his SS1K! He's chillin in a hot tub right now.

I'm packed and ready to go. Heading out of Fort Worth at the butt crack of dawn tomorrow and off to New Mexico! I'm so excited and can't wait to get going. Sleep is not going to come easily tonight, just like it didn't last night.

Everyone have a safe and fun ride to Golden!

When Duff gets drunk at the inevitable 2:00am room 105 party, someone please convince him to end every post with "Ohh Yea!"

See ya' there, Gary. Leavin tomorrow, zero hour ten a.m.
Me, too!! Dr. Rich, Nightshine & Eli and I are meeting in West Sacramento @ 0430, then on to Sparks to meet uberkuls and Bluestreeks for breakfast. Then its "Eastward, Ho!"

See everyone in Golden!

Duff made it to Breckenridge and completed his SS1K! He's chillin in a hot tub right now.
I signed him off in Lompton yesterday 'round 4 pm. Called him at 2ish today and he was 40 miles out from his final. When asked how he was doing he said, "Great, except my ass is sore!"

I didn't say anything.

:lol:

Preemptive STFU to odot.

Good Job Duff! I will be starting mine 2am on Thursday 24th. Should be 1000miles exactly, Norco, CA to Golden, CO. If all goes well I may be there some time around 4:30pm or so.

I just got in the condo.

Tonight I switched the FJR to Motul Semi-Synthetic, moved the handlebars back, adjusted the GPS mount to face me better and finished my throttle lock installation.

Last week I had a new rear tire installed. The warp ship is ready. :) Sunday morning I leave from Edmonton, AB.

See you all there!

Ps - I just find it annoying that in 3 weeks I'll need two new tires after just installing a new one. :( We may save money on gas over driving a car, but it costs the same in the end with tires.

Last edited by a moderator:
:yahoo: Leaving Monday morning! Route through Durango, Silverton Stay in Ouray, stay there for a while, then over through Gunnison and surounding area, Royale Gorge, :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: hit Manitou Springs, do some visiting, then were going to do Pikes Peak on Thursday morning on our way to Golden, the long way around. See you there! :yahoo:

Hey all!

I appreciate the "kind"??? words and I DID make it without any real problems. Yes, I was complaining about a burning sensation on each cheek, but a couple nights of hot tub and a full night's sleep made most of it go away. I should be fine by the time I head out of Breckenridge on Monday.

Going to add several hindred more miles on roaming Colorado before I show up in Golden. fjrchik will be with me on most of that. By the way, she made her stop in NM this evening and has a short ride with sight-seeing tomorrow. I think she surprised herself at how much ground she covered.

Thanks again for the send-off TWN and I'll see you all in a few days!

It's a long fook'n way from Raymond, MS to Sioux Falls, SD!

Me and Wambow have made it this far....with no problems. Will head out in a couple hours for Custer, SD :yahoo:

What a trip.