Headlight Adjustment Help '02 Model

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beano

Reaction score
Hi Guys,i'm looking for any help you can give me adjusting the headlights.i'm looking for the height adjusters as they are set too high.Mine's an '02 Model.

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

If I remember the conversion right your '02 is like the North American '03 models and doesn't have adjustment star wheels like the future 2 years of Gen I bikes have. I think this FJR1300.info article covers your model.

If I remember the conversion right your '02 is like the North American '03 models and doesn't have adjustment star wheels like the future 2 years of Gen I bikes have. I think this FJR1300.info article covers your model.
Yeah, I'm positive that '02 is the same as our '03. Getting the wrench in there like the tech article shows and holding it on is a bit of a pain. Be patient. I left behind a bit of knuckle skin doing that job.

Yeah, I'm positive that '02 is the same as our '03. Getting the wrench in there like the tech article shows and holding it on is a bit of a pain. Be patient. I left behind a bit of knuckle skin doing that job.
I have a USA '03 and from experience I'd suggest that you buy an 8 mm wrench where the box end has the ratchet built into it. Makes adjusting the right headlight almost doable? The left isn't too bad. If yours is "fresh from the factory setting" plan to turn the adjusting screw clockwise a bit over a full revolution as a starting point.

Jim

You could trade it in for an '07 or '08 and get the adjust on the fly knobs. SWEET!! I just had to add that because of all the gen one "it's faster" stuff that gets added all the time.

You could trade it in for an '07 or '08 and get the adjust on the fly knobs. SWEET!! I just had to add that because of all the gen one "it's faster" stuff that gets added all the time.
Well, some things on the newer cycles are faster. However, if it ain't painted silver, it's slower going down the road.

Jim