headlite modulator install

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldryder

Reaction score
Got a headlite modulator.

before I start taking things apart I thought I'd ask here what is procedure.

thx for help.

Got a headlite modulator.
before I start taking things apart I thought I'd ask here what is procedure.

thx for help.
Let's start by asking what make of modulator you got.

If you got the Signal Dynamics, then you have to disassemble stuff, cut wires and more. Enjoy.

If you got any other, then all you have to do is unplug the sockets from the headlight bulbs and plug the modulator between the bulbs and the wiring, then stash the sensor somewhere convenient where it can see the sky or the road (the spec actually uses reflected light from the road surface). Mine is snaked up into the top inside ends of the right windshield arm slot.

If you have one of the latter type, an hour would be more time than you should need.

Last edited by a moderator:
doesn't the Feej use 2 headlights that both have low/high beam. Do you need two modulators ??? :blink: Just askin'

Mike in Nawlins'
Fair question - and the answer is an emphatic 'No'. By law the lights have to flash together and they make modulators for this . . . here's a link to a previous posting I made on the subject:

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?s...st&p=117353
woe, old thread, but very informative...that's why yous guys are the best

Thanx very much

Mike

I just did mine last week. Kisan Pathblazer.

You plug in two little dealies that go between the bulb and the wiring harness. Then you connect those two together (a sync, so they flash in unison). Run the sensor somewhere (I ran mine up beside the ignition switch) and your done.

That being said, I swapped out my bulbs for some Phillips extreme's at the same time. Holy mother of hell the bulb beside the battery is a royal pain in the ass to get to. Total time for me, probably a little over an hour - without removing any of the tupperware.