headlite modulator

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldryder

Reaction score
Installed a Kisan headlite modulator a couple weeks ago. Took about 25 minutes.

I can definitely see people noticing me on the bike more; much more eye contact. Good upgrade, glad I did it.

Just don't get complacent! You must still ride defensively...............................................................unless you installed the Kisan Deflector Shield as well! ;)

Might be worth a few minutes of your time to locate a copy of the Federal Code that allows headlight modulators. A guy I ride with has been pulled over at least four times in the last two years by south Georgia deputies in different counties "for having flashing lights displayed to the front". A copy of that Federal law has saved him every time. Sorry I don't have a copy or a location, but a few minutes of diligent searching might save you a few bucks to keep you from a ticket.

Wanna have a REAL hoot?
Get a white helmet to go with your modulator.
Yeah, it's a real hoot when they slam on the brakes and drive under the speed limit with you stuck behind them. :angry2: I have that happen all the time on my Black Cherry FJR with NO modulator and a black helmet; I can't imagine how bad it would be if I looked more like a cop. :(

I keep a very small printed copy of the Canadian version of the law in a plastic bag in the glove boc. It is small enough that I dare them to actually read it and understand what it says. but it sure looks official.

You'd think I'd have been pulled over for that (and for running my HID driving lights 24/7), but so far, nothing.

I know that if I cleaned out the box I'd be stopped within 5 minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since installing mine I find I use it mostly on two lanes, and, those days that everybody is driving f'n STOOPID (you know what I mean).

So far I've ridden past a few cops, and true, I've got their attention, but I haven't been pulled over for them yet - and I do carry a copy of the Traffic Standards Act on the bike just in case.

With the heat we've been having here in Northern Ontario (35C+ everyday for the last week) people are driving INSANE. 3 bike accidents this week, 1 fatal. 1 of them a good buddy (with a headlight modulator on his VTX, not sure if he has one on his Wing, or even what bike he was on at the time - I suspect the Wing). He's in the hospital doing okay, his wife is still in the ICU. I'm not sure of the details, or even if his modulator was on at the time.

Please be careful out there!

Wanna have a REAL hoot?
Get a white helmet to go with your modulator.
Yeah, it's a real hoot when they slam on the brakes and drive under the speed limit with you stuck behind them. :angry2: I have that happen all the time on my Black Cherry FJR with NO modulator and a black helmet; I can't imagine how bad it would be if I looked more like a cop. :(

Makes 'em easier to pass when they slow down! Especially if you throw on your reds'n'blues!

Or, you could paint one mirror red & the other blue for increased effect......

Years ago I had a crystal hangin' from the rearview in my rig and on occasion [particularly at night] I'd get a quick red-blue flash from it just as I'd glance in the mirror, it'd freak me out momentarily!

Installed a Kisan headlite modulator a couple weeks ago. Took about 25 minutes.
I can definitely see people noticing me on the bike more; much more eye contact. Good upgrade, glad I did it.
Installed mine about a week ago. It does make a difference and I've had two people pull out of the way. Maybe because I wear a white helmet (bike is blue).

Ed