heated clothing/powerlet kits

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duster19

Reaction score
Okay...I'm adding 2 powerlet kits to my bike. One on uper left fairing and the other just above back footpegs (as seen on Powerlet's site).

So would you purchase the portable troller.... or put a permanent one on your bike?

Please give pros and cons.

I was thinking Tourmaster with built in might be a good option as well.

Thanks,

Dav

Last edited by a moderator:
Please give pros and cons.
Personally I like having both. I have two permanent mounts in Panel A, one is for the heated grips.

The other, I installed the rearset dual port Powerlet and the other permanent mount is for one of these ports for my liner.

The remaining port I have is for my wife and I have the portable troller for it. This Powerlet port is not switched and wired to the battery and I plug my battery tender in to it.

My FJR Electrics

I find that after years of riding this flexibility gives me more options. YMMV.

Last edited by a moderator:
Duster:

I have multiple bikes so I use a powerlet connector on each with a portable controller hooked to my belt rather than a controller on each bike. If I owned one bike I would probably mount a controller permanently.

Dave

multiple bikes also. I velco the controller to my riding jacket where its easy to get to.

I have the portable and wish I bought the version to permanently install. It's just a cleaner installation with less visible wires, plus I really use it a lot.

Bob

Permanent mount in panel "A" for me

Wife uses a portable troller for hers [ outlet mounted by bag mounts ]. That way she sets her own comfort level and maintains it........[quieter ride ]

When I'm on one of the other bikes I use her portable troller .

Works for us.

Powerlet in "D" panel and troller for heated grips in panel "B".

PICT0138.jpg

medic:

which gear are you using?

do you use a powerlet adapter from coax or ?

no troller for the heated apparel?

thx!