Heated Gloves - cordless with their own batteries or otherwise?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmonroe

Reaction score
To All,

I would love to have some heated gloves but would just assume not have the cords and whatnot involved with them. Does anyone have any heated gloves that work without connections to the motorcycle - for example via their own batteries or otherwise?

Thoughts on them?

Mark

To All,
I would love to have some heated gloves but would just assume not have the cords and whatnot involved with them. Does anyone have any heated gloves that work without connections to the motorcycle - for example via their own batteries or otherwise?

Thoughts on them?

Mark
I use the heated grips. They are always there when you need them. But no I don't have any battery powered gloves. If anyone would have them Cabellas would. Check out their catalog.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gerbings has both heated vests and heated gloves powered via batteries. A quick web search shows others as well.

Gerbings usually comes in with high scores from those that user their products. Anyone using their battery powered stuff?

Mark

Gerbings usually comes in with high scores from those that user their products. Anyone using their battery powered stuff?Mark
One of my buddies used to have a pair of Gerbings he used for snowboarding. They were pretty slick and I don't remember him ever complaining about them. I was actually thinking of picking up a set myself. I don't like heated grips; it's never the PALM of my hand that is cold. They make my palms sweat and the outside of my fingers still freeze.

Sounds like a PITA to me. I'd rather have excellent controllable heat from a never ending source . . . . I guess if you ride short distances you could get by with changing batteries all the time. Typically they do not heat near as much as bike powered gloves do . . . .

Sounds like a PITA to me. I'd rather have excellent controllable heat from a never ending source . . . . I guess if you ride short distances you could get by with changing batteries all the time. Typically they do not heat near as much as bike powered gloves do . . . .
Amen. I bought a pair of AA boot insoles, I said f that. I hooked em up directly to the mc battery with a heat troller. frekin hot they get. It's greener and its always there.

Amen. I bought a pair of AA boot insoles, I said f that. I hooked em up directly to the mc battery with a heat troller. frekin hot they get. It's greener and its always there.
Screw the greener route. Give me something to throw in the landfill.

Modern LiPoly batteries can store a lot of energy, which translates into some long useage cycles between charges. But one of my biggest concerns is what happens when I go down wearing a few thousand watts of stored energy against my body?

That's why I opted for Synergy carbon fiber technology heated gloves rather than battery powered. The cords are a PITA. But having warm hands in 25F all day long is just plain nice.

I don't care for the Gerbing gloves. They are like Michelin Man mittens IMHO. HUGE!

Modern LiPoly batteries can store a lot of energy, which translates into some long useage cycles between charges. But one of my biggest concerns is what happens when I go down wearing a few thousand watts of stored energy against my body?
That's why I opted for Synergy carbon fiber technology heated gloves rather than battery powered. The cords are a PITA. But having warm hands in 25F all day long is just plain nice.

I don't care for the Gerbing gloves. They are like Michelin Man mittens IMHO. HUGE!
The original Gerbing gloves were indeed bulky. The new G3s are great. As Jeff mentioned in his other post, if you want to try heat, slip in some heat packets. I once had a pair of battery-powered hunting socks and considered them a total waste of money, constantly needing to be adjusted as the batteries drained and then more fiddling to install new batteries that I also had to carry. I finally chucked the things.

Warm n Safe has a new design for the heating in their Ultimate Carbon Fiber gloves. Had a problem with my first generation set last year & put them aside. Last week I emailed them about the problem & possible wrong size & they sent out a pair of the new ones ! Didn't want the old ones back even. Talk about going the extra mile !

I have the core heat gloves..rebranded but made by Gerbing and except for not being leather they are fantastic! Used them in 20* weither all day long in the snow on my quad and never had them over #2 setting. They are comming out with a leather version but will cost about $280+-!!!!

Gloves

Cary

Gerbings site has half their stuff sold out, how am I supposed to spend $800 on a heated gear set if they don't have everything!

Do not know if you have a electric vest or jacket yet, but one of those would be a better place to start. As the temp drops our bodies shut off the flow of blood to our extremeties in a attempt to keep our body core warm. Get a electric jacket and your hands and feet will not get cold so quickly. Kieth

Latest posts