Heated Grips on 08A

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sierrarider

Reaction score
Has anyone added the Yamaha heated grips to their 2008A? I know on the AE the control is incorporated in the left side of the fairing. Do they use the same set up or is it like my 04 where the control is above the reservoir on the left handle bar? I'm considering buying an 08 and want to know what to expect. Still not sure if it will be an A or AE, but that's another post.

Miles of Smiles!

Sierrarider

Hey Sierrarider,

The setup on the A is the same as the AE. If you take a close look on the left side of the fairing just below the pocket, there is a square removable blank. That gets removed and the controller gets mounted in there. It will look exactly like the AE model after its installed. Its not cheap at around $380 plus the dealer may charge you for the install.

I'm getting my 08 A in MArch with this option.

Rob

Yeah, what he said.

I got them on mine and while it was $380 + $100 to install, I think they are worth every penny.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Sierrarider,
The setup on the A is the same as the AE. If you take a close look on the left side of the fairing just below the pocket, there is a square removable blank. That gets removed and the controller gets mounted in there. It will look exactly like the AE model after its installed. Its not cheap at around $380 plus the dealer may charge you for the install.

I'm getting my 08 A in MArch with this option.

Rob
Howdy folks, Just picked up my 08 FJR A model from D&H Cycles in Cullman Al . I had the heated grips added to my ride and they do not charge for the labor to install. Also installed Heli set backs for no charge in labor.Neither were cheap , but at least I did not have to be charged for labor. :yahoo: Gerald and Renee at D&H are a true DEALERSHIP :yahoo: and have earned my business from now on. Hope you can find someone in your town to treat you as good. Mark

Thanks to everyone for the replies. Heated grips are a must where I live and I like the factory installed look. Now I just have to decide "to clutch or not clutch".

Thanks to everyone for the replies. Heated grips are a must where I live and I like the factory installed look.
It doesn't get THAT cold there..... :dribble:

We had a little Yosemite ride in June a couple of years ago and spent the night in Mammoth. While I didn't have heated gear, I was very happy I had packed my glove liners and insulated gloves, fleece jacket liner and balaclava. Dang! It was 40 degrees at 0900 when we left to heat North.

There's a new rider who has posted (DiveBiker) that lives in Rosamond. While not close...that's not far, either. Good for a Spring Death Valley Ride! :yahoo:

Thanks to everyone for the replies. Heated grips are a must where I live and I like the factory installed look.
It doesn't get THAT cold there..... :dribble:

We had a little Yosemite ride in June a couple of years ago and spent the night in Mammoth. While I didn't have heated gear, I was very happy I had packed my glove liners and insulated gloves, fleece jacket liner and balaclava. Dang! It was 40 degrees at 0900 when we left to heat North.

There's a new rider who has posted (DiveBiker) that lives in Rosamond. While not close...that's not far, either. Good for a Spring Death Valley Ride! :yahoo:

There are now two of us out here. Hmmm, must take FJR to Streets. :yahoo: