Heated Grips

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luvtoride

My Indian name is "Pants On Fire"
Reaction score
Oxford Hot hands is one particular model. Aerostich also makes a set.

Does anyone have these or have experience with them?

I really have no interest in actually putting full fledged heated grips w/ a heat-troller on my bike. What I like about this particular style is the ability to put them on or take them off at will with virtually no installation other than hooking them up to the battery.

It looks as though they don't draw an overabundance of power & might be a nice addition in the "just in case I need them" sense.

Do they heat ok? Is there a low/high switch. Are they a complete waste of money? Which brand isn't a complete loss, etc?

I realize that for the price, they are not going to be perfect... but I'd like to know if they'd at least hold their own.

I am interested in info about this type of grip only. I'd appreciate it if folks would refrain from offering info on other types of grips. Smart assed answers are certainly welcome, though. That sure will make for fun reading.

I thank anyone with info that has had 1st hand experience with this type of grip & that is willing to share it.

Thanks in advance, Heidi

Last edited by a moderator:
Oxford Hot hands is one particular model. Aerostich also makes a set.
Does anyone have these or have experience with them?

I really have no interest in actually putting full fledged heated grips w/ a heat-troller on my bike. What I like about this particular style is the ability to put them on or take them off at will with virtually no installation other than hooking them up to the battery.

It looks as though they don't draw an overabundance of power & might be a nice addition in the "just in case I need them" sense.

Do they heat ok? Is there a low/high switch. Are they a complete waste of money? Which brand isn't a complete loss, etc?

I realize that for the price, they are not going to be perfect... but I'd like to know if they'd at least hold their own.

I am interested in info about this type of grip only. I'd appreciate it if folks would refrain from offering info on other types of grips. Smart assed answers are certainly welcome, though. That sure will make for fun reading.

I thank anyone with info that has had 1st hand experience with this type of grip & that is willing to share it.

Thanks in advance, Heidi
I had a pair of aero stitch they worked pretty good but one side shorted out and burnt a hole in a pair of 60.00 gloves aero stitch gave me a new pair wrap around grips but no gloves the second pair lasted for years.

Thanks guys.

Angus, the Aerostich... are they strictly on-off or is there hi/low settings?

For the very first time the Aerostich grips are cheaper than the Oxford grips. Imagine that!

So, it sounds like they might work well enough to make an investment in them.

Fencer, will PM Renegade. Thanks!

I had a set of the Oxfords on my 2 fiddy, they worked very well with a high/low setting. On high, they were almost hot enough to burn your hands :p I do prefer the Honda heated grips on my FJR tho.

i had a set of the aerostich wraparound velcro grips for my fj. they were strictly on/off. they lasted two seasons before the flimsy wire connector broke. it was not a good design in my opinion, as the two wires that came off the grips were constantly in the way, and i'm sure ultimately caused their demise.

they got pretty hot, one side was hotter than the other, can't remember which it was, but it was consistently uneven. as warm as they were, they only kept the palms of my hands warm; my knuckles still froze. i think a decent pair of hot grips matched with the v-strom hand guards would be a primo. after mine broke, i tossed 'em and went with the atv hand covers, similar to the hippo hands. for the fjr i just have the v-strom mod, and will likely put on my columbia winter gloves. toasty, but won't help me much in abrasion resistance.

hth,

dean

cincinnati

Thanks guys.Angus, the Aerostich... are they strictly on-off or is there hi/low settings?

For the very first time the Aerostich grips are cheaper than the Oxford grips. Imagine that!

So, it sounds like they might work well enough to make an investment in them.

Fencer, will PM Renegade. Thanks!

They were on off only and like Dean said one side was always hotter than the other. I think i will install a set of hot grips later.

ok then, it sounds like the Oxford are better than the Aerostich. I do like the fact that the Oxfords have a switch for low/high. I already have handguards. As originally stated, I want something... just in case. Normally, my hands are fine w/ the V-Strom knuckle guards. This mod would be for "just in case" scenarios. I have no interest in putting full fledged heated grips on my bike.

Thank you guys. If there is another make that I've overlooked, please tell me about them.

Grassy Ass, Heidi