Held USA closed

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gixxerjasen

Reaction score
Heard about this on another forum. A guy sent in gloves for repair and received them back unrepaired with a note saying they were closing.

Website says closed as well.

https://www.heldusa.com/

Actually, the web site says:

Our online store is currently closed for maintenance.
Please visit us again soon.

closed.gif

Out side of hearsay there is no indication that Held is closing. Held has not made a public announcement that they are closing that I could see.

Ahhh,

Held North America Inc. To CloseHeld Biker Fashion GmbH of Germany, should have new representation established for the USA very soon.

Tommy Kincaid
Held North America Inc.
That explains the temporarily closed web site.

Too bad for Held owners. I used to buy Held but switched to Racer gloves a few years back. Racer gloves have less internal stitching which makes them much more comfortable. Seem to last longer too.

Crap. Hope they indeed reopen as their product is great. I bought a spare pair of their STEVE gloves a while back, but I'm not looking forward to having to wear the same gloves as those old guys do that ride Old Things.
tonguesmiley.gif

Crap. Hope they indeed reopen as their product is great. I bought a spare pair of their STEVE gloves a while back, but I'm not looking forward to having to wear the same gloves as those old guys do that ride Old Things.
tonguesmiley.gif
Listen up Sonnyboy, my 909 lb Hippo would make a speed bump out of your feejer-just slow down enough for me to catch you.
rolleyes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a surprise. They're close to where I live, and seemed to have been very aggressive in expanding their offerings. Like a lot of Euro manufacturers, we only get (got) part of the full Held line, but it seemed to be a big part. They had also been pretty active in having a presence at rallies and the shows. Pity.

got this from Motorcyclegear.com

Held gloves (and other apparel products) are made by Held GmbH in Germany and have been distributed in the US for the last 10 years or so by Held USA, which is a small "mom and pop" out of North Carolina. In mid-December, Held USA announced they were quitting business. And at that time, we bought their remaining inventory of Held gloves in the US as a closeout/liquidation. There has not yet been a new distributor established and therefore no more stock is currently available (other than the gloves in our stock and the gloves that other retailers may have in their own stock).

They have a closeout on their gear

tonguesmiley.gif
I have a pair that are Kangaroo & Kevlar.They are incredible glove and very comfortable all day. Got them for $100.00 at a Beemer store sale.

I'm still sporting a set I got in 2007; Nikki scored one of the last pair of Steve gloves from Motorcycle Gear. Hoping to see a new US distributor in 2014 so I can upgrade to a set of Steves...