Heli bar triple calmp & riser

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dingrr

Reaction score
I was wondering about using both the Tour Performance ® HR Triple Clamp for the Yamaha FJR1300A and HeliBars® Yamaha FJR1300 Handlebar Riser: 3/4” taller on my 2008 FJR. However, Heli Modified, Inc. notes: "The use of our original accessory riser is not recommended for use with the new HRT-2 due to hydraulic line / cable limitations."

Has anyone actually tried this on an '08? If so, did it work or did you have to modify any other parts? They mention the hydraulic line and cable limitations, which I'm sure could be changed out (not that I really want to), but what about clearance issues? Might the grips hit the tank?

What is the verdict with just the new triple clamp? Yes, I've searched and read most of the posts but does anyone feel that the triple clamp is not quite enough? Has anyone done this with an '06 or '07?

Just wondering.

p.s. You can pm me if you'd rather not admit to going against the manufacturer's recommendation on this forum.

I was wondering about using both the Tour Performance ® HR Triple Clamp for the Yamaha FJR1300A and HeliBars® Yamaha FJR1300 Handlebar Riser: 3/4” taller on my 2008 FJR. However, Heli Modified, Inc. notes: "The use of our original accessory riser is not recommended for use with the new HRT-2 due to hydraulic line / cable limitations."
Has anyone actually tried this on an '08? If so, did it work or did you have to modify any other parts? They mention the hydraulic line and cable limitations, which I'm sure could be changed out (not that I really want to), but what about clearance issues? Might the grips hit the tank?

What is the verdict with just the new triple clamp? Yes, I've searched and read most of the posts but does anyone feel that the triple clamp is not quite enough? Has anyone done this with an '06 or '07?

Just wondering.

p.s. You can pm me if you'd rather not admit to going against the manufacturer's recommendation on this forum.
I don't know the answer to your question, but I didn't want you to feel so alone.

I have an 06 AE with heli bar clamp and the heli risers, no problems, still have a little slack in cables and lines :rolleyes: