Heli Tour Performance® HR Triple Clamp™ for 2006+

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRocket

Doctor Throckenstein !!!
Reaction score
Heli makes a new triple clamp to set the 2006+ FJR1300 handlebars 1.5 inches rearward, closer to the rider. They also sell a set of risers specific to their new handlebar mount. This is not new information, but I wanted to make this information easier for searches to find. A couple owners have already installed the units, but I don't think anyone has posted real world pics or reviews here on the forum.

The Heli Tour Performance® HR Triple Clamp™ for 2006 Yamaha FJR1300A / AE retails for $329 and the Heli risers that only work on this triple clamp are an additional $69.95.

zoom07.jpg

(Picture shows optional pair of Ram Ball mounts)

Theoretically, with the bars 1.5 inches closer to you, the ergonomics should be better without the need for risers. Some tall guys (not me) might just want the bars taller and get the risers anyway. One review said that the grips get out of the airflow with the set back triple clamp. Heli says that the triple clamp makes the top end of the fork assembly more rigid and allows a more sporty feel to the bars.

I ordered the trimp clamp only (part number HRT076) from Lotecredneck here on the board, and they are in transit with a new set of AllBalls taper bearings (part number 22-1003). When they get here, and I get it all installed I'll post more information.

In the mean time, if any of you are already riding with the triple clamp (and maybe the risers too), we'd sure like to see and hear about it!