Helibar Triple Clamp and Garmin Zumo 660

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2006FJR

Administrator of Transportation
Reaction score
I have never owned a GPS and I am not sure I really know the best way to install it on the Helibar I have yet to buy. I have a group buy so as soon as we have 10 members I will have it for the reduced price. I would like an easy way to get it on and off the bike so when I go in for lunch on a ride I can take it with me. I am guessing I would install a ram ball nut like the one below and then what would I connect it too that would hold the Zumo 660? I want to be able to quickly take it on and off in seconds if possible. Thoughts?

42ff7f18ab268c868610794c8e327d37.image.460x550.JPG

I like this idea but it does not look like it would come off very quickly.

dscf2635.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Trent,

You just need and arm and a mount for your (another ball) for the Garmin. The Heli has two spots for RAM balls predrilled so will need to decide if you want to use one of those or the one that you have pictured in your post.

Call Premier Cycle Accessories and they will get you all the right parts to mount your Garmin.

John

Trent,
You just need and arm and a mount for your (another ball) for the Garmin. The Heli has two spots for RAM balls predrilled so will need to decide if you want to use one of those or the one that you have pictured in your post.

Call Premier Cycle Accessories and they will get you all the right parts to mount your Garmin.

John
Thanks John. Do you have a photo handy that I could see? I have never installed anything with a ram mount ball so I am having a hard time imagining it in my head. I will call Premier Cycle Accessories so I can make sure I find the right mount for the Zumo 660 form factor. I wonder if I should order 2 of the optional ram balls that are sold from Heli....

full07.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Tech mount is the best way IMO, you will be removing the GPS from its holder not its mount.....

R

Trent,
check out N/Line dash mount : https://brydenscot.com/?p=21

Regards,

Geoff
I have seen these before and thanks for sharing Geoff. I like the bike to look pretty stock and for some reason these N/Line dash mounts are just a little too over the top for me. If I were a regular at the Ironbutt rallys I think I would want one.

Tech mount is the best way IMO, you will be removing the GPS from its holder not its mount.....
R
I just got the Tech mount I ordered. The Heli in about another week or two, the G2 is on back order? It looks like the Zump 660 will be coming out last anyway.... Hofefully they are shipping in the next 60 days so it will all get done before the spring ride.