Hella FF50

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vandy

Reaction score
I've been thinking of changing my aftermarket lights to hella but I was hopping to find a decent local area to see them all.

Is there a Popular chain store that stocks them?

I can find Piaa lights all over the place but I'm not as impressed with most of their products.

I've been thinking of changing my aftermarket lights to hella but I was hopping to find a decent local area to see them all. Is there a Popular chain store that stocks them?

I can find Piaa lights all over the place but I'm not as impressed with most of their products.
Don't know if this helps, but I had the Hela FF50's on a Ducati ST3 recently and really like them. Got them on e-bay cheap. The installation was considerably more expensive than the cost of the lights, due mostly to the ergonomics od the Ducati. Lots of light and throws it out there a good distance.

Jack.

I did a new check of ebay and no luck on the FF50 light but there are a couple that are close.

Just out of curieosity can someone give me the readers digest version of what the differance is between a driving light and a fog light from the standpoint of the light.. Is there really a differance?

If I can help...I sell Hella.
Cary
What price do you get for the FF50 lights? Can we set up a FJR Forum group buy and save the FJR brothers and sisters some money on these ? I could use a set of these on my bike and I'm sure there are others here that would buy 'em too.

Member Garauld makes some very nice and easy to install brackets to mount Hella FF50s on the FJR. I got a package from him including the brackets and Hellas for about the same price I would have paid for just the lights.

My only problem with the Hella lights is that the relay that Hella includes with the lights is not water proof. Mine rusted and failed after about a year of use. I replaced the relay with an auto relay that I sealed up with silicon.

I too have been looking at the ff50's. AutoZone does not stock them, byt they are listed on their web site as a special order at 79.95. I was thinking about going this route, but the forum hella dealer may appreciate our business, especially if someone can get a group buy together.

I did a new check of ebay and no luck on the FF50 light but there are a couple that are close.Just out of curieosity can someone give me the readers digest version of what the differance is between a driving light and a fog light from the standpoint of the light.. Is there really a differance?
Hmmm....I find like 30+ on eBay.

Driving light is narrow focus to project a beam farther. We want this pattern on our bikes for higher speed night cruising.

Fog light is a wide pattern for short illumination near the vehicle in fog. Unless you really like riding in the fog....this seems rather pointless.

Member Garauld makes some very nice and easy to install brackets to mount Hella FF50s on the FJR. I got a package from him including the brackets and Hellas for about the same price I would have paid for just the lights.
My only problem with the Hella lights is that the relay that Hella includes with the lights is not water proof. Mine rusted and failed after about a year of use. I replaced the relay with an auto relay that I sealed up with silicon.
I purchased my brackets from Gerauld and mounted a set of FF50s on them. I mounted the relay in a protected location. I am VERY happy with the lights and their performance.

-GSE-

That chart makes th ff50 look week compared to alot of there other lights even after you eliminate the wider patterns..

But I think if you looked them up individually most would be illeagle on the open road.

That and i like the looks of the ff50 more than most of the others.

I'm going back to ebay one more time and just type ff50 to see what i get..

I went with lights first and that might have screwed the search up.

Well I just went back to Ebay and tried searching with Hella first pleanty of choices but not in ff50.

Next search with ff50 first all but one result is in cameras and stuff.

I'm not sure where you found over 30 ff50 hella lights at?

Well I just went back to Ebay and tried searching with Hella first pleanty of choices but not in ff50.Next search with ff50 first all but one result is in cameras and stuff.

I'm not sure where you found over 30 ff50 hella lights at?
Click on the link '30+' in ig's post above, it takes you to a page that says '0 found, but scroll down to see....well.......30+. B)

Well that is 83 with free shipping that way, not too bad of a deal it would seem.

I do see where you see the lights on ebay now.. but I dont really concider the ebay stors as true ebay.. your not bidding and hoping to get a good deal, just getting normal deals from unknown sorces.

I will grab a set real soon but not 100% sure from where yet.

I'm still working on latest sebel horn farkle..

One more day and it should be in place.

I put the pump under the tool box area and have that mounted preaty good now I just need to run the air ling, harness, and mount the front horn.

edit Change of plans..

I just got a call and have to go to somewhere in Mexico in the morning. farkle is on hold for a few days.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gunny on the Susquehanna Motorsports, informative website, very willing to answer inquiries via e-mail, prices not bad, and I have purchased from them & the exchange was smooth & hassle free.

Latest posts