Hella FF50

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Flying Dutchman

Reaction score
Thinking about adding these. I've got an '04 and am running a GPS, Bel Starcom and that's it. Want to add two heated vests this fall. I've tried figuring this out but wattage confuses me. Can I run all this without killing my battery?

Dutch1201

Thinking about adding these. I've got an '04 and am running a GPS, Bel Starcom and that's it. Want to add two heated vests this fall. I've tried figuring this out but wattage confuses me. Can I run all this without killing my battery?
Dutch1201
Nope ! Vests or lights , it's one or the other, unless you upgrade to a Electrosport, then it's maybe if you keep an eye on the volt meter you'll have to add.

GPS and radar detector are minimal. Two halogen lights are going to eat up 110 watts (55 watts times 2) of about a 120 to 130 watt reserve for stock Gen I bikes. A single vest will probably put you in a deficit.

This is all detailed in the Bin-O-Facts under Alternator Output and Spare Capacity.