Hello

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello I'm Vince. Recently purchased a 2014ES after 13 years on a Goldwing. My joints were telling me it was time to downsize! So far I'm liking the FJR but like everyone want to "fit it" more to me. I'll also get some pictures posted soon. So I will be scouring this forum and will have a lot of questions I'm sure.

For most people, it is seat, windscreen, bar risers and (for some) highway pegs.
Crash bar protection (or frame sliders) too. Consider auxiliary lights for conspicuity, if not for improved night vision.

Changes for "fit" depend on your stature and riding habits. The FJR won't be a road sofa, but can be made to be comfortable.

Welcome to the forum (from the east coast).

For most people, it is seat, windscreen, bar risers and (for some) highway pegs.
Crash bar protection (or frame sliders) too. Consider auxiliary lights for conspicuity, if not for improved night vision.

Changes for "fit" depend on your stature and riding habits. The FJR won't be a road sofa, but can be made to be comfortable.

Welcome to the forum (from the east coast).
Thanks RossK. I will change the seat very soon. As far as windscreen and bar risers are concerned I'll have to put some more miles on it first. The bike came with hiway pegs, crash bars, frame sliders and auxiliary lights so good there. I have alot to reading ahead of me.

Hello Vince, welcome from Western Massachusetts. This is a great forum. The search feature works excellent, and the active members are very informative. I was riding a BMW K1200 LT (Light Truck) true the FJR is not quite as comfortable... 🤷‍♂️ but, much lighter, faster, and WAY more nimble, not to mention more affordable!! 🤑 Don't misunderstand; I NEVER drive over the speed limit. 😇 but 0 to 60 is SWEET!! I purchased a Sargent performance seat last year. It made me feel like I was part of the bike. The stock seat felt like I was sitting on top of the bike and not connected to it. I didn't realize that; until I rode the Sargent for a while... just my observation.

Pete-o