Helmet; Best Ventilated Full Face???

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shinden

Reaction score
I am looking for oppinions on the best ventilated full face helmet available.

It has been a hot season here and this is the first time I have found my old Shoei RF900 to be too hot.

Anyone have any comments on a well ventilated full face?

It has been a hot season here and this is the first time I have found my old Shoei RF900 to be too hot.

I'd say the Shoei X-11. Go to www.helmetharbor.com and check out the video review.

I had forgotten just how good the X-11 vents were until I used mine this weekend. Wow, like a million times better than the Nolan Vents.

But I also realized why I don't wear it. It's fookin noisy in the FJR air stream.

In clean air it's fine, but it's just too loud with any of the shields I have.

It will go back on the shelf till next spring when I cut down a stock shield for summer use.

My Arai Quantum 2 vents well

My Nolan N102 doesn't

My Shoi Multitec vents well, probabaly better than my Arai does.

My $0.02

:)

I have an Arai Quantum and Shoei X-Eleven. Both offer exceptional ventilation; I'd say the Shoei is a little better than the Arai. I do agree with Renegade, though, the trade off for good ventilation is noise. Given the choice of quiet or ventilation, ventilation wins every time.....earplugs are cheap & easy.

67.jpg

Caberg Justissimo

Best price I've found - free shipping

I've purchased three of these - and one of them was tested the hard way.

Venting is great. Slide open the vent on the top, open the vent on the chinbar, and oodles of air slide up the inside of your shield - and out the top.

These fit round heads. Kind of like bowling ball shaped. Like mine.

I'd say the Shoei X-11. Go to www.helmetharbor.com and check out the video review.
nice helmet but i got to say that is the worst vid EVER!

Shoei X-11 - get it at www.Parts911.com for $419 shipped - call for reduced pricing. Just got mine a couple of weeks ago and it's awesome even compared to my Shoei RF-1000

I use my silver x-11 year-round in 'Vegas heat of 110+ weather down to 30 degree winter mornings (since fall 2004). I agree that it is a noisy helmet, but some cheap foam earplugs work well (I use the 32db plugs, but 28db plugs work well if you're riding less than 70mph). Keep it in clean air and you'll be fine. Stick it in the turbulent air off of the top of your shield and you're looking for a headache. The noise is greatly reduced when you close up the vents in cool weather and with the windshield of the FJR in the lowest position.

Not sure how much color has to do with it, but I also was sure to not purchase a dark color helmet for use in hot weather.

My 2 cents.

I have both the Arai and Shoei X-11

and the Shoei wins hands down! I've

had my Arai Signet back two times for

the shield lock breaking and bottom

band coming un-glued. My older Arai

Quantum's quailty was way better. I

wear ear plugs and like to ride with my

face shield open 2-3 clicks. You can't do

that in an Arai, the shield floops closed.

Hot in Canada? that must be a bad helmet.

My Scorpion EXO 700 worked well for this Yankee living in GA. As comfortable as my Arai Quantum and way cheaper. Got mine online for ~$150. Also more comfortable than my RF1000 or HJC AC11.

I think I read somewhere that Scorpion is coming out with a EXO 1000 model that will have air adjustable pads...cool!

Find a dealer that has them to try on first though. Usually I wear a large but it was too tight so I bought a XL in the Scorpion (same with the Arai for me).

Steve

Steve

Not really, we do actually get summer here.

In this area, around the Great Lakes, we get lots of days 85 to 90 degrees F with 90% humidity; more than our share, this last summer. This is the first season the RF900 was not up to it in the venting dept.

Not really, we do actually get summer here.

In this area, around the Great Lakes, we get lots of days 85 to 90 degrees F with 90% humidity; more than our share, this last summer. This is the first season the RF900 was not up to it in the venting dept.
85 degrees is hot? Sorry but living in the desert Southwest of the US made me laugh at that one. It is still gettin into the 90s here in October. Summer can get to 115.

67.jpg

Caberg Justissimo

Best price I've found - free shipping

I've purchased three of these - and one of them was tested the hard way.

Venting is great. Slide open the vent on the top, open the vent on the chinbar, and oodles of air slide up the inside of your shield - and out the top.

These fit round heads. Kind of like bowling ball shaped. Like mine.
This one really appeals to me. Does the smoked undervisor easily flip up while riding? I can't quite tell from the links you put up, but the does the clear outer visor flip up independently from the whole chin piece? In other words, can I run with just smoked part or the clear shield or both or neither?

85 degrees is hot? Sorry but living in the desert Southwest of the US made me laugh at that one. It is still gettin into the 90s here in October. Summer can get to 115.
Yes, 115 is hot, no question. I don't think I'd like that either.

However, before laughing too hard, it might be worth experiencing, try 85 at 90 to 100% humidity, sweat doesn't evaporate, a person's natural cooling system doesn't work too well. Clothing sticks to the skin. Doesn't cool off at night appreciably when it gets like that either.

Coming within a few months of being aclimatized to 20 degree weather does make it uncomfortable for those who live here. We have people come here on business from western Canada where it gets colder than here in the winter but as warm in the summer as here; but it is dry air out there. Most get off the plane and can't stand the summer conditions here.

My question was not who has the hotest weather, it was what helmets have various riders found to have the best ventilation. So far the Shoei X-11 is the one geting the majority of the good reports. So what do you wear in that 115 degree heat?

Last edited by a moderator: