Helmet holder for 2007 FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

headude

Reaction score
Well, from what I have seen so far for helmet holders they either were hanging where I didn't want the helmet or they were too expensive. Today I made one that works between the seat and the passengers seat. When not used it is not even noticed. It mounts on the bolt that the latch is bolted to on the seat. Anyone can make this thing if you get a light duty piece of metal at the hardware store. The one I used is about 7/8" wide; I had to cut it that wide from a 4 inch wide piece of metal. You can see from the photos that the helmet sits right on the seat when everything is locked up. Obvioulsly, to secure the helmet one unlocks the seat, removes the passenger seat, loops the D ring through the holder, setting the helmet on the seat; replace the passenger seat and lock. Bingo! Pretty simple, costs next to nothing if you do it yourself. I have one or two spares if someone wants one, I'll sell it for $15, shipped to you in the states. $2 more for Canada. Believe me, I don't really need to be in the helmet holder business, so if you have a pair of tinsnips, a metal file, some linesmans pliers, a drill and the 10mm socket to get the nut off the seat, you're there. Hope this helps someone. It works like factory.

By the way, the holes in the metal are to save weight. Ha, ha. No, seriously, that just happened to be the piece of metal I had to work with. Solid would likely look more trick. There is only one hole need be made, and that is for the latch.

helmet1.JPG
helmet2.JPG
helmet3.JPG
helmet4.JPG
helmet5.JPG
helmet6.JPG
helmet7.JPG

That's one for the FNG.

I wonder how many folks would pay you to make & send then one. O', say for about 7 or 8 bucks inc. ship and handeling. I would........

Um so damn tired of carrying my helmet in my hand when I get off tha bike that I will have to make somethng like your mod inna hurry.

Thanks, I had not seen the stainless mod. That's the material, and good idea on the moleskin, or maybe dipped in rubberized plastic? Anyway, one more thing to make life simple.

You don't live around here. We have those grass killing critters everywhere; keeping them out is the problem.

I hope to get a pic up later today with a plastic/rubber coated version done.

Good thinking
The piece could also be dipped in plastic coat or rubber coat

This may look a little better than mole skin

Besides I think moles are out of season

Good job! It's much easier to work with than steel, huh? I did a couple in aluminum. I'm curious how they both hold up. The plastic coat (Grip Dip) takes 2-3 coats to get a nice and uniform coverage. Dave

Very cool. I made one out of aluminum stock last night. Great idea! Thanks for the post and pics.
Craig

BTW, tried one in aluminum. THey sure look nice. However, I've noticed one has to be a bit careful that they don't bend the top part of the holder back towards the rear of the bike when closing the seat, whether steel or aluminum. I would think aluminum will not hold up very well, unless perhaps it is made of a thicker guage material. If I get a chance in the next week or two I'll try to find heavier material both steel and alum.

Dude, You have got to make me one of those. :dribble: Just let me know where to send the money!

~ICEY!

Latest posts