Helmet Hook?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob

Reaction score
I have done a search on here and haven't found it so I will ask. I am sure someone will tell me where the link is. I just got my 07 and does it have a helmet hook?

My Full Face won't fit in one of the "bags" and I don't always have them on. So where should I put the lid?

Thanks,

Rum

No storage. I carry it with me. Besides - hooks and locks allow potential thieves to cut the strap and take the helmet with them . . . then there are those who would put something nasty in a helmet - never happened to me, but I've heard about it.

And more here on Hemet Locks. No stock hooks. Your choices seem to be add a lock to side or top mount, bar end lock, cable or cable lock from under seat or through passenger holds. My helmet fits in side case or I'm using a cable lock as suggested.

Ok, I've got to ask, HOW BIG IS YOUR HEAD? :blink: I mean, I wear an extra large helmet and it fits into the side bag just fine. That said, I also ride without the bags sometimes and plus, if I have them on, it prob. means I have something to carry in them besides my helmet. So I ordered the helmet guardian from cyclegadgets and ordered a side bracket from Scott (TownsendsFJR1300). I took one of the locks off the guardian and re-keyed it to fit my bike key (search this site for instructions). Now, I'm just waiting for my bracket to come it and get it mounted onto my '07.

Whoa. I have go with DTS on this one. I have a XXL and I get it in there just fine (lots of room for smart ass remarks here). Are you pointing the visor fore/aft or side to side. :D

Here's another inexpensive option. Crude, but it might hold you over till farkling season opens. Wait! It's always Wabbit Farkling Season!

Keep that knoggin' pointed away from innocent bystanders...

FjrVfr

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok so my head is large but not that big. I am a fairly normal sized Male so if any of you have single female friends who can cook and know how to hold on then you can pass that info on.

I will try stuffing it in the box again. The Concourse will hold it but I wasn't sure on this one. I try to keep the bags off most of the time though. I will try that cable it looks the easyest. Thanks