Helmet lock?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rayzor61

Reaction score
Am i missing something? A bike this well appointed and can't find a place to hang and/or lock the helmet.

Am i missing something? A bike this well appointed and can't find a place to hang and/or lock the helmet.
Nope, not missing a thing. You are not going to find one on the FJR. many of us have installed the Guardian helmet lock.

Here are a few other choices:

https://www.lockitt.com/accessories_helmet_holders.htm
Thanks, I'll do that......another practial bolt-on! Which one is everyone using?? I already have a throttle miester so the bar mount is out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just sit between thw handlebars and windsjield. Never had a helmet stolen. Who wants my dna, sweat, etc. I do lock my jacket in bags. No self cancelling turn signals more annoyance. Maybe they could get to use Harleys patented system for a few millions.

Yeah, I'd also like to ad the heated hand grips but in no hurry as summer is hear. I'd go factory for them to make use out of the precut panel on the left fairing insert.

The 04 I just picked up has the helmet locks integrated into the bar ends. Slick setup! I don't know who makes them.... I guess this is pretty much a useless post.. at least with out some pics... Maybe somebody else here knows from where they came.

I'll try to snap some tonight and post them up.

...No self cancelling turn signals more annoyance. Maybe they could get to use Harleys patented system for a few millions.
Boy, bring that up on Friday. There is a large, very vocal group in this forum that wouldn't have purchased a FJR if it came with those nasty killer self canceling turn signals. I never knew just how dangerous they were until this Forum educated me ;) :lol: (Try a search some time, many of the self canceling threads are more heart felt, more adamant and more emotionally charged than religion or politics.)

I installed a Guardian helmet lock and had it re-keyed to take my ignition key.

I am wondering if any of the newbs actually search for information that has probably already been beat to death. No wonder the admins get so frustrated.

I realize that folks are new... but it seems that no effort is made to help onesself.

Doing a search I found this among other many threads on this subject. click here If I were a newb, this is probably the route that I'd go.

I am wondering if any of the newbs actually search for information that has probably already been beat to death. No wonder the admins get so frustrated.

Why would the admins get frustrated - do they get performance awards for minimizing the number of bytes used on this forum or something?

Its a freakin' internet forum - not a finite space which we are about to use up.

Why would the admins get frustrated - do they get performance awards for minimizing the number of bytes used on this forum or something?

Its a freakin' internet forum - not a finite space which we are about to use up.
Speaking as an admin, because after the hundreth time you've seen the same individual repeated thread in combination with the dozens of other repeated threads that make View New Posts an increasing exercise in redundancy....you absolutely expect newbies to look around first at the quality FAQ and other resource to jump start their forum experience.

We will not be just a "freakin' internet forum". We will continue to aspire to be the best FJR Forum on the Internet with the most knowledgable and empowered members capable of completing a search.

not a finite space which we are about to use up.
Wellll, I suppose that the only thing that will actually get used up is patience. :glare:

My hat's off to you and the others, Ignacio; after helping establish and operate a Macintosh-specific web site 7 or 8 years ago, I know how much work is involved, and we ran the Invison software also. I finally bailed, last year, and find myself with a bit more time, and a lot more peace of mind! Thanks for your effort!

you absolutely expect newbies to look around first at the quality FAQ and other resource to jump start their forum experience.

with the most knowledgable and empowered members capable of completing a search.

Worthy goals - which will never happen - but still, worthy goals.

Because people will always be people.

Nope, not missing a thing. You are not going to find one on the FJR. many of us have installed the Guardian helmet lock.

Here are a few other choices:

https://www.lockitt.com/accessories_helmet_holders.htm
Thanks, I'll do that......another practial bolt-on! Which one is everyone using?? I already have a throttle miester so the bar mount is out.
I've got the helmet guardian mod and it works fine for me. In fact, I've got a spare lock if you want to buy the bracket and get the lock from me. Send me a pm.

The 04 I just picked up has the helmet locks integrated into the bar ends. Slick setup! I don't know who makes them.... I guess this is pretty much a useless post.. at least with out some pics... Maybe somebody else here knows from where they came.
I'll try to snap some tonight and post them up.
Probably barenders.

https://www.barender.com/

I put a pair on my 07 last summer. Only used them once. The helmet bangs around on the fairings too much for my taste. Also the helmet has to hang upsidedown. Don't park under a tree!! Plus, mine have started to rust in the past few months. If they rust much more, I'll just put the old bar ends back on.

Just my experience...