Helmet Locks

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoham

Reaction score
This was a bracket that hooked on the license plate and had a lock on each side . You could then lock 2 helmets on the bike. Can't remember where I saw them or who makes them. Anyone recall who has them. Thanks !!!

Check with Scott at TownsendsFJR1300 at aol dot com for a set of brackets that will hold Guardian locks on the sides of the FJR, like this:

IMG_1315.jpg

I'm unable to post pictures here for what everer reason however I can send pictures direct to an e-mail address of the lock assembly bolted up to the bike. They do not fit the 06 or 07's due to changes in the bodywork.... Please e-mail direct to: [email protected]. Thanks, Scott

I have the gaurdian on mine,it's great if you don't mind a little hassle. I mounted mine upside down(w/ the locks high) and it takes the wife's HJC(small) and my KBC(medium) w/o touching anything, it's just a little awkward getting them unlocked 'cuz I have to go either through the visor or finagle(sp?) my way around the strap. But, if it's hard for me it'll be a pita for whoever wants the helmets 'cuz the straps are harder to cut w/ that angle. :p

From Scott:
FJR_Bracket_mounted.jpg
That looks really good. I think I may need to get one. or two.

I assume you can get one for each side?

Is there still room to cut the strap? better than nothing, but figured I should ask.

I certainly prefer this to the ones mounted over/around the license plate.

I have Townsend's H-Lock brackets and put one on both sides of the FJR. They work great!!! Thought Yamaha would have seen these and try to incorporate them on the new bikes, guess they didn't.

Thanks for posting the pictures as I couldn't get them to load.... Both the right and left side brackets are the same and bolt in the same location. *Should you need to access the air filter the left side bracket needs to be loosened slightly to gain access to it.* I have several sets made up ready to go. And thank you for the positive posts!!!!

Scott

If there is anyone in SW Florida (Cape Coral) with an 06 FJR that wouldn't mind spending a morning/afternoon letting me look at thier bike to see if I can come up with a helmet lock bracket would be appreciated.

Should I come up with something, he can have the prototype (freebie) and just allow me to design something around his bike and take pictures..... Please e-mail me direct @ [email protected].

Thanks, Scott

Hey,

I took the Guardian locks off the bracket and mounted them in place of the fork reflectors. Once the reflector is off the locks will bolt right up. Adds a little to the un-sprung weight but you don't have to worry about the exhaust melting your face shield.

Bill

2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: