Helmet opinions

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluejag

Reaction score
Hi all I know alot out there are using more high end helmet's but has anyone tried the HJC FS10 or heard anyting on them

reading the reviews is like flipping a coin (one or the other no real hard reason's yes or no) Anyone???

I got my FS-10 in September and have maybe 7,000 miles on/in it. It replaced an old Shoei RF800. I tried on other HJC helmets before ordering the FS-10 online and that's all I'll say about fit, because my head is not your head. My overall review is that it is long distance comfortable for me. It is a little breezier (wind in your face) inside than the old one which might be good in hot weather or bad if you have sensitive eyes. I love the retractable visor and will never buy another helmet without it. No more carefully packing the spare shield in the tank bag to avoid scratches. That said, the visor is not tinted as dark as I would like but is still a great relief on a sunny day. Maybe HJC will offer a darker replacement shield in the future. You can get a light tint main shield if desired.

HJC is good at creating form/function designs at a reasonable price maybe not as "impact solid" or quiet as a $600 Shoei or Arai but I'm not all that highly refined either so i bought a Cl-Max Evolve last June. It's a flip up modular and i love not having to remove my helmet when grabbing a few things at the grocery, paying for fuel, toll booths when you need to look down for change or just want to be a bit more personable while talking to someone. The Q-release shield mechanism works well but be carefull with it until you get use to it as i can see it being broken in impatient hands. I ordered an extra mirrored shield and they change out in half a min. All/all i'm pretty impressed with it for a less than $200 helmet

-Don

I currently have a HJC CL-14 and an Arai Profile. Both good helmets but I mostly wear the Arai for the fit, aerodynamics, vents, and low noise level.

The reviews can get you in the ball park but the actual size and shape between manufacturers can very quite a bit so make sure you try several different models. Having a bad fitting uncomfortable helmet isn't much fun on a long ride.