Helmet Visibility

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dasadab

Reaction score
I thought my Aria and Shoei full face helmets were fine in the visibility department until I bought a Shoei DS Hornet. Wow! Much wider field of view up, down, and sideways. Unfortunately, the Hornet isn't ideal for sport touring because it is noiser than a full face and, at least mine, is tight around the ears.

Anyone buy a particular full face helmet because it has SUPERIOR VISIBILITY for you? I hate the "cave" view.

Thanks.

I used to have a Scorpion EXO-1000 helmet and loved it. I recently got a Nolan N-103 helmet and find it to be overall better... more noise (not by much), but a better field of view and the added bonus of the flip-up for conversations, convenience store runs, etc.

XL-sized Scorpion EXO-700 works just fine for my head. I can see just a sliver of it out in my peripheral vision left and right; I'm aware of it in front of my nose, but since my fuel tank's just not that interesting I don't feel like I'm missing out on much.