helmets

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snowman13

Reaction score
Hi all,

Has anyone tried a carbon fiber helmet? They are suppose to be lighter which would be nice on my worn out old neck. HJC makes one but I think it is a new model for them. Not many on the market in the full face which tells me something but I am not sure what. Be safe. Thanks

Snowman

HJC's C/F lid has been out for several years. Joe Rocket also has one. They are indeed light weight but should be tried on first as is the case with any helmet purchase.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all,Has anyone tried a carbon fiber helmet? They are suppose to be lighter which would be nice on my worn out old neck. HJC makes one but I think it is a new model for them. Not many on the market in the full face which tells me something but I am not sure what. Be safe. Thanks

Snowman
I went to lokata, as a 5th grader.... long time ago...I think that is your location.

I just picked up a shark eagle, one of the lightest helmets out there rsx model... 209. plus 80 for a dark tint shield free shipping...

might want to check them out... I will hopefully be trying it out tommorrow if the rain goes away....2007 model graphics but still okay for the price....

Mike

thought about getting that carbon hjc....

I own three carbon fiber HJC helmets. Love all three. They are noticeably lighter than the other models.

I have the HJC AC-12 Carbon Fiber Helmet and I really like it. It is light, but not th quietest helmet around. Also, it fit me a bit tight for the first few rides, but quickly form fit to my head. GL with your decision.

I have the HJC AC-12 carbon fiber. Great helmet light & looks great. I wear ear plugs due to wind noise. Like it & would buy it again.