Help me hook up my cell phone to Autocom Super Pro

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bikerskier

Reaction score
I am trying to figure out how to hard wire my Cingular 3125 to my Autocom Super Pro AVI system. I am having trouble finding a cable to hook up the phone (which has kind of a blade connection) to the 2.5 mm (I think) pin connector on the Autocom. I've been told by several Dealers that I will need to use the phones Blue Tooth system to mate with the Autocom Blue Tooth optional module (only $253.00) to make this work. Has anyone found a simpler and cheaper way to do this? Thanks in advance for any help!

If you don't find an answer here, you may want to try a cell phone forum such as Howards. My phone, a Samsung 609 uses a proprietory blade type connector for hands free headset or headphones for the MP3.

I wanted an adapter to connect it to a better set of headphones or even my chatterbox when riding. I found one off Ebay through the Howards forum and they may be able to help you too

Last edited by a moderator:
I am trying to figure out how to hard wire my Cingular 3125 to my Autocom Super Pro AVI system. I am having trouble finding a cable to hook up the phone (which has kind of a blade connection) to the 2.5 mm (I think) pin connector on the Autocom. I've been told by several Dealers that I will need to use the phones Blue Tooth system to mate with the Autocom Blue Tooth optional module (only $253.00) to make this work. Has anyone found a simpler and cheaper way to do this? Thanks in advance for any help!

If Autocom was a dead end for a cable, I heard that they have a less expensive Bluetooth module. Aux 1 can power the blue tooth module (reason given for a less expensive module) so that is the port you would use (it also will not mute when you speak).

I have a question into autocom about a P/N 1273 I saw referenced on another board. This is the module that I'm referring to above. I'll let you know if I get more details......

I can tell you that I have my phone connected by Bluetooth via a Zumo 550. The performance is great except my current set-up routes the phone audio to Aux 2. The problem is that Aux 2 mutes 50% when you talk. This can make it difficult to hear the other person (but not impossible). I'm still working on finding a more ideal solution.

Weekender

You need this if your phone is made by Samsung.
And most likely this too if you need to go to 2.5mm.
From the Ebay description of this adapter, it looks like you'll be able to HEAR phone conversations, but can anyone confirm that you'll be able to TALK? I am having a similar problem connecting my T609 to my Active-7. If I pick up the Samsung adapter and plug the lead into the Phone jack, will I be able to have a proper conversation on my cell? (provided it's set to auto-answer, of course)

The starcomm bluetooth module, which is considerably cheaper and evidently more reliable than Autocomm's repackaged Nokia bluetooth module, supposedly works on Autocomms. I think you'd be light years ahead in flexibility and ease of use going bluetooth and probably only another 30% of the price of all the cabling/adapters you'd need to go hard-wired. Another plus is that your blade connection area is left free to connect a charger for those long trips...

I'm a little different in that I bluetooth via my GPS, which is then in turn connected to my Autcomm. So, in essence, my GPS is also my bluetooth module all in one, and I control the phone from my GPS touch screen. I never take my phone out of my pocket (or accidently leave it on the bike as I would if it were wired).

On the other hand, thinking outside the box, have you priced a new or even used phone via ebay that already has the 2.5mm jack? Presuming yours has a SIM chip, you just slide it out and put it in the new phone. You might even come out money ahead compared to the cabling or bluetooth module.

Last edited by a moderator:

If Autocom was a dead end for a cable, I heard that they have a less expensive Bluetooth module. Aux 1 can power the blue tooth module (reason given for a less expensive module) so that is the port you would use (it also will not mute when you speak).

I have a question into autocom about a P/N 1273 I saw referenced on another board. This is the module that I'm referring to above. I'll let you know if I get more details......

I can tell you that I have my phone connected by Bluetooth via a Zumo 550. The performance is great except my current set-up routes the phone audio to Aux 2. The problem is that Aux 2 mutes 50% when you talk. This can make it difficult to hear the other person (but not impossible). I'm still working on finding a more ideal solution.

Weekender
I had the same problem and disabled the 50% mute after rider/passenger speach by removing a resistor and it works perfectly now. Send it to Autocom and they will do this for you.

You can see my install here: