Help with Audiovox CC install

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SLK50

Reaction score
I've read every post I could find about installing an Audiovox CC. I've followed various hints, tips and suggestions and installation has gone smoothly so far. But after trying the cotter pin method of attaching the ball chain I wasn't satisfied with the results. I want to try the button-head screw method but haven't been able to find the appropriate screws. The places I've checked so far came up short. I think I'm simply looking in the wrong places. What typically uses this type of screw and where might I find some. It's a 4MM button-head hex drive screw. Thanks to all in advance.

I found mine at one of the larger local Do It Best hardware stores. I think I may have used 6mm. If you can't find 'em send me a pm with your address and I will send you a couple.

PM me you address and I will send a couple to you. The ones I use are not metric but work fine. Let me know.. Smitty

Thanks guys for the offers and suggestion. Since I moved "out-of -town" running around looking for something simple like a screw ( the threaded kind - ha ha ) can be frustratingly inefficient. I'll follow the lead and order some online. If that doesn't work out I'll be back to take someone up on their offer. Thanks again.