Hi/Lo Beam

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wickedslow

Reaction score
I just replaced both headlight bulbs on my 2006 for the second time in 8 years. I can't complain about that. Both times the lo beam died within days of each other. From what I've read in other discussions this is normal. My problem this time is that after replacing both bulbs the left hand one stays on hi beam when i flip the switch to lo and the blue idiot light dims but doesn't go out. Anybody have any ideas on what i did to screw this up?

The three pin connectors to the headlight terminals can go on with the center pin up or the center pin down. One way gives you Hi/Lo and the other way doesn't. Check the plugs. The center pin should be UP.

Both my low beam bulbs went out within the one shopping trip in town, within 3-4 kms.

I'd hate to suggest this, but it could well be a neutral connector.

Do both your indicators all work OK ?

May well be the S7 spider, neutral connector under the LHS headlight.

That neutral has the LHS headlight neutral and also has the headlight dimmer neutral wire connected to it.

( As well as the LHS indicator neutral)

Maybe you disturbed a wiring bundle there where the S7 neutral connector is ?

Assuming you have the connector on the right way around, I would start looking at possible "spider" issues! Good luck!