HID Install question

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

double_entendre

Reaction score
So I'm finally getting around to installing my HID & PHID lamps. Looking at Warchild's illustration of the diode wiring diagram (bottom of this page: https://www.fjrtech.com/getdbitem.cfm?item=49 ), I have a few (probably inane <_< ) questions.

1) When I look at that illustration, it seems that the yellow high-beam lead goes "top" connector. On my bike it goes into the side, opposite the black wire, and the green goes into the top. Do I disregard the way the wires are attached to the socket and trust the colors in the illustration?

2) Is there any reason to not just cut off the socket and work with the wires? That'd make connecting the wires together much easier, IMHO.

3) The text says that right wires can be used to trigger the PHIDs. Any reason that I can't use the left instead of the right?

Thanks a ton as always to all y'all and Warchild in particular. I've gotta owe you at least a case of Anchor Steam by now.....

Bob