HID Kit from XenonDepot.com (aka kbcarstuff.com)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KnuckleHead

Freedom isn't free.
Reaction score
Is there anyone out there that has a HID conversion kit from KBCarStuff.com ?

I have one of the Chinese ballasts HID kits that has been installed for a year and most of the time I start the bike, only one of the lights will come on. If I turn the bike off and on several times, I can usually get it to fire up. I am looking to replace the Chinese kit, with a higher quality kit (these guys charge about 4 times as much, but if it works consistently it will be worth it). I have an email into them asking the origin of their ballasts (the site says the bulbs are Phillips), but I am wondering if anyone here has one of these kits or knows anything about them.

It sounds to me like a wiring problem probably . Generally they work all the time , you may also have too light a wire for the current demand when HID start up .Sometimes just some surface corrosion on a connector is enough to restrict the flow of electricity so that things do not work all the time. If you do not find a faulty connection take two bits of suitable wire and by pass the wiring altogether and go straight to the battery with some aligator connectors. this will establish that they work all the time or it's a faulty ballist.