HID Options

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Colin24

IBA# 446
Reaction score
I've been considering a set of HID's for the FJR for a while. Just can't swing the cash yet. So in the meantime I keep looking around to see what's available. I was looking at BLM Aux Light HID's at the Phillips. Which are highly recomended.

But what caught my eye were the other two models. Specifically the THID. Does anyone have any hands on experience with these? (You know the Blackbird XX in the pics looks like WC's. I wonder if he has any experience with these?)

Just curious

Colin

But what caught my eye were the other two models. Specifically the THID. Does anyone have any hands on experience with these? (You know the Blackbird XX in the pics looks like WC's. I wonder if he has any experience with these?)
Yes, I do.

Both of the two models of THIDs offered do throw out an impressive amount of light for their size. The larger (30-watt) one is particularly impressive for it's size. The smaller one is also quite impressive in that all of the normal HID components (ballast, ignitor, etc) have been miniturized and fit completely within that tiny housing!

All that having been said..... these smaller lamps are no PHIDs, not by any stretch of the imagination. If you're going to do serious night riding in heavy deer country, there is no question which lamp to get.

I was looking at BLM Aux Light HID's at the Phillips.
Those little chrome jobs look like they belong on a bike worthy of their bling factor. IMHO, the FJR just doesn't have the Chrome to pull off that look. Well, maybe they would look alright on the blue ones.... :****:
Gotta be one of the more useless sites around for farkles. "Look at all our cool shit. Just don't ask how much or try to order any of it. Use the 'contact' form and we'll get back to you someday."

I hope it develops into something more progressive, looks like it has serious potential as a one-stop-shop for LD riders.

Still waiting on delivery of my PHID's. Then I can go looking for my old pal, The Night Rider "Do you see me Toecutter?! Do you see me man?!"

I was looking at BLM Aux Light HID's at the Phillips.
Those little chrome jobs look like they belong on a bike worthy of their bling factor. IMHO, the FJR just doesn't have the Chrome to pull off that look. Well, maybe they would look alright on the blue ones.... :****:
Gotta be one of the more useless sites around for farkles. "Look at all our cool shit. Just don't ask how much or try to order any of it. Use the 'contact' form and we'll get back to you someday."

I hope it develops into something more progressive, looks like it has serious potential as a one-stop-shop for LD riders.

Still waiting on delivery of my PHID's. Then I can go looking for my old pal, The Night Rider "Do you see me Toecutter?! Do you see me man?!"
Those THIDs actually come from this site which is much easier to deal with (and the folks there are good to deal with too).

These are very popular with the dual sport crowd and work well.

Those THIDs actually come from this site which is much easier to deal with (and the folks there are good to deal with too).
These are very popular with the dual sport crowd and work well.

Cool. Thanks for the link. I have been looking for those OEM style electrical connectors everywhere with no success.

Cool. Thanks for the link. I have been looking for those OEM style electrical connectors everywhere with no success.
2247302-plus1.gif
I'm gonna need one those kits for some future mods, I'm just sure of it. Good thing I have one on order now! Thanks!!!