HID Replacement Capsule HELP Needed .....

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy Kirby

Reaction score
I fitted the 'Self Buy' Low beam conversion a while ago and now one of the capsuals (bulbs) has blown. Has anyone had any success sourcing a replacement and if so from where?

Thanks in advance.

Andy

Have you tried emailing the original vendor? ("Andy Chiu" <anchiu35 at hotmail dot com>)

How can an HID bulb "blow"?? There is no filament or anything that can move inside. Short of the glass being broken, I'd bet its the ballast.

-BD

the balast or a fuse.....

i assume you have checked the fuses ?

jason

I have a complete pair with lamps, ballasts ect. for $75. shipped... Smitty

How can an HID bulb "blow"?? There is no filament or anything that can move inside. Short of the glass being broken, I'd bet its the ballast.
-BD
Sorry for the delay, been a bit busy, it didn't 'blow' so much as 'shatter', when my ST got 'biffed' over half way up a mountain road on the BitE. The impact of a fully loaded ST1300 suddenly coming to a halt caused one of the glass bulbs to shatter. Pure mechanical damage :-/

I sourced a replacement from the original guy for $55. Cheaper than replacing the ignitor on the PIAA's but that's another story ......

Cheers

Andy

Last edited by a moderator: