HID upgrade

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spridal

Reaction score
Hi All,

I would like to add HIDs to my bike but can't find in the manual what type bulb the 2006 uses. Does anyone know for sure what bulbs it takes?

No, you can't just swap the bulb. However, you need the ballast adapter thingy to match your existing plug on your bike... which is H4.

I wish you were right and there were "plug in" HID's... with good high beams! Alas, we ain't there yet. Although I'm still using my Bixenons. Don't know if I can shoe horn them into an '06 though... Time will tell.

Maybe next model change we'll all get HIDs!

The H4 bulb.
Ok, I am confused. If you can just put in a HID bulb to replace the stock blub then what is the advantage of some of these high dollar low/high beam kits?
you can't - !

HID requires a new ballast to fire those puppies off. See several installments of how to install HID low/high beams - at Lots of naked girls holding up pictures of HID lights - if you click HERE will show you how to get hooked up.

If you are thinking of blue bulbs --- save your money

That's what I thought. Wasn't thinking about how a kit still had to match your type of bulb configuration and that makes sense.

Thanks