Highway Peg Questions

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Some of the highway pegs I've seen for FJRs look like you have to wrap you legs around the fairing to reach them. That doesn't look comfortable.

I was thinking that attaching long highway pegs (like the Wild Bill pegs) to 905 Racing Crash Bars would solve that perceived problem and dovetail nicely into the crash protection issue as well. Does anyone have any experience with doing this? Does anyone have any pictures?

If not, does anyone have any experience with highway pegs, pictures of their set up, and comments on how it works?

Right now, I like the idea of the 905 Racing Front Crash Bars, attaching highway pegs to the bars, and using rear frame sliders to protect the bags.

Lasly, I've read some concerns about clearance porblems with the 905 bars. If I went with frame sliders in the front, are they long enough to protect the engine and the fairing? Is anything exposed?

Any thoughts, feelings, comments, and pictures relating to the above would be helpful. I did a search but didn't find the answers to my particular questions.

For what it's worth, I have a stock, black 2009 FJr.

If you are familiar with the 905 bars, you can touch down on the lower tube of the bars when leaned over to the point of almost touching the footpegs. The bar will make contact before the footpeg, but not a real issue if you aren't in the habit of scraping your pegs.

I have the 905 bars and made a set of sliders to go inside the upper 1" tube. I calculated that 3" long would be maximum they should stick out, so I made mine 2-3/4". The lower tube will touch first in a turn when the suspension compresses.

The sliders are not long enough to be adequate footrests, but sticking anything else out further than that and you risk touchdown. I believe there are highway pegs out there that fold back and up if you encounter that situation.