Highway pegs.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bikerskier

Reaction score
Just installed my new pegs in time for WFO. Man, it was easy. I replaced the supplied peg mounting bolts with ones that were an inch longer and used a 1 inch long brass sleeve with a 3/8 ID so it would provide a spacer and more strength to the extension. This extends the pegs out far enough to get my whole foot on them ( and hopefully will not scrape much in the corners). Left side took less than 10 min and right side less than 15 min. Had to get my daughter to pull out the fairing about an inch and hold it while putting in the top mounting bracket screw but it was a piece of cake. This gives a 15 inch change to my foot position which should help stretch the legs a bit. Marianne can now also move her feet forward and down.

Just installed my new pegs in time for WFO. Man, it was easy. I replaced the supplied peg mounting bolts with ones that were an inch longer and used a 1 inch long brass sleeve with a 3/8 ID so it would provide a spacer and more strength to the extension. This extends the pegs out far enough to get my whole foot on them ( and hopefully will not scrape much in the corners). Left side took less than 10 min and right side less than 15 min. Had to get my daughter to pull out the fairing about an inch and hold it while putting in the top mounting bracket screw but it was a piece of cake. This gives a 15 inch change to my foot position which should help stretch the legs a bit. Marianne can now also move her feet forward and down.

Great! Where did you get them and will they fit an 06?

Last edited by a moderator:
Besides being able to stretch your legs a bit, I have found them to be VERY useful in providing some needed comfort on hot hot days. Just did a 150 mile run around southeastern Virginia last Saturday - temps around 90 and humidity around 190 (well, maybe it just felt like that.... :D ) and the pegs were very helpful in terms of the heat on my 05. High quality stuff, and easy to install. One of the best farkles I've done. Jay