HJC AC-12 Helmet

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drew

Reaction score
When I bought my 2007 FJR, the guy threw in a coupe helmets, one is an HJC AC-12, XL. I wear an HJC CL Max modular, Large, so the XL is a bit big. Are there inserts or anything else to get the XL helmet to fit me correctly?

Thanks.

You should be able to buy a set of cheekpads for a Large, or carefully stuff in a layer of foam in the XL cheekpads. Typically, L and XL will have the same shell just different cheekpads.

There are I believe two sets of cheek pieces large and small. Primarily for fine tuning within a size. Neither can jump you a full size though.

If the fit's that loose you're better off selling and getting a helmet that fits you proper so it can do its job the best it can.

I have replaced my Shoei X-11 cheek pads for a better fit. I guess I have a big ol' head, the XXL fits the top of my head and with the XL (thicker) cheek pads makes a good fit better. Never tried with HJC, though. Best is if the helmet maker has one or two basic shell sizes and simply changes cheek pads and liners to make the fits big or small.

One example of a place to get cheek pads is Dennis Kirk .

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like you need to get the 30mm replacement cheek pads..

I got the following info from New Enough ..

Helmet Size Cheek Pad Size Shell Size

XS 25mm Small

Small 30mm Medium

Medium 25mm Medium

Large 30mm Large

XL 25mm Large

XXL 20mm Large

Looks like you need to get the 30mm replacement cheek pads..
I got the following info from New Enough ..

Helmet Size Cheek Pad Size Shell Size

XS 25mm Small

Small 30mm Medium

Medium 25mm Medium

Large 30mm Large

XL 25mm Large

XXL 20mm Large
don't try to make it fit. cheek pads will made it better, but the portion around your head better fit like a glove in a accident.