HJC CL-SP Throttle MC2 helmet

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a CL-SP coming to replace my old HJC CL-12. I'll let you know in a couple of weeks if all goes well.

Tom

I have a CL-SP coming to replace my old HJC CL-12. I'll let you know in a couple of weeks if all goes well.
Tom

Thanks Tom, keep me posted. I got a quote from one of the Internet helmet stores for 130.00 bucks. Damn, I pay almost that much for a new bicycle helmet. I wonder why they are so cheap, uh I mean inexpensive?

Let us know how you like it . I sure like the looks of it and price my concern is the quiteness.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a CL-SP Apex in Yellow coming. I think mine was about $162 (about what I paid for my CL-12 6 years ago). I'll let you know how I like it when it gets here and I get out on the FJR (the mud is drying up here finally).

Tom

If you're not set on a certain color or paint scheme, Newenough.com has the CL-SP on closeout for $72.00 to $99.00 depending on color and size. I got a CL-SP Phoenix for $72.00 plus shipping. It's just as comfortable and quiet as the Shoei X-9 that it replaced. Great deal.
https://www.newenough.com/closeouts/all_types/hjc/

It is supposed to be a new 08 helmet, so what's up with it being on close-out? Call me suspicious.

So you dig the CL-SP, aye? Still, 130 clams for a helmet that is "quiet", has the anti fog thing, has specific ear openings for communication devices, feels pretty comfortable and has cool graphics that also match the color scheme of my o6 FJR AND Goldwing.....too good to be true?

Until I saw this baby I was pretty sold on doing the Scorpion thing.

Don't worry too much about the closeout thing since you can usually score a deal on helmets that have "last year's graphics". That's how I scored a new Scorpion for a lot less. If you pick a really unpopular graphic design the outlets mark those down even more! Then again if you insist on the latest and greatest graphics be prepared to pay more.

Aloha,

Huladog

Don't worry too much about the closeout thing since you can usually score a deal on helmets that have "last year's graphics". That's how I scored a new Scorpion for a lot less. If you pick a really unpopular graphic design the outlets mark those down even more! Then again if you insist on the latest and greatest graphics be prepared to pay more.
Aloha,

Huladog
Exactly. It's the graphics that were closed out, not the CL-SP.

Well, I bought the HJC CL-SP Throttle, helmet. My dealer, who I have dealt with for many years came close to matching internet pricing. I haven't tried it yet, but fit and finish look to be top notch. Pretty near as good as my Shoei..It may be a tad heavier, but nothing to get in twist about. The graphics design is one of the coolest I've seen. It fits me as good or maybe even better than my Shoei, but that is a personal, shape of head thing.

I'll report the noise factor when I get to actually ride with it. The one thing about my Shoei was that on extended rides it started to hurt my forehead some. We'll see how this one goes. Sure can't beat the price from the dealer, 148.00 wihich included sales tax.