hjc helmet

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trinibob

Reaction score
just wanted some feed back on the new hjc helmets my old ones do not have the inserts that can be removed and the new ones do but hows the air flow?

Trini,

Make sure you try one on first, particularly if you like to ride with glasses on (prescription or not). B)

They don't seem to have much relief for your glasses and press the frames uncomfortably. IMHO :headbonk:

I wanted to pick up the new Carbon fiber model, too tight on the sides, even with the thinnest cheekpiece inserts. I guess that I will have to stick with my Arai lids.

Trini,Make sure you try one on first, particularly if you like to ride with glasses on (prescription or not). B)

They don't seem to have much relief for your glasses and press the frames uncomfortably. IMHO :headbonk:

I wanted to pick up the new Carbon fiber model, too tight on the sides, even with the thinnest cheekpiece inserts. I guess that I will have to stick with my Arai lids.
yea tryed the cl15 fit good but the cl-sp looked like it had better air flow but was only in that gay flat black graphics.

I just went from a CL-14 to a CL-15.

CL-14 had more "padding" and, therefore, more relief for things like glases. It had more of an "enclosed" feel to it as well. The CL-15 seems to have less padding and doesn't make my head feel like it is wrapped in a warm blanket like the old one. Not sure if that is better or worse, just an observation.

The CL-15 doesn't seem to sit as low on my head either, which equates to "less coverage" towards the neck/bottom of the chin. This isn't significant, but a "feeling" you get when swithing between the two. (I keep a clear shield on the CL-14 for quick use at night).

CL-15 is lighter and the above "less coverage" also allows for more head movement. Both pluses in my book.

CL-15 has AWESOME airflow compared to the CL-14. Even though the CL-15 has no "chin vents", it flows twice the air as the older one.

CL-15 face shield release is WAY better than the CL-14!

In short, I don't regret buying the CL-15 at all. After a short break-in (for the helmut & my head) I didn't notice any of the above items as "different", it just felt right. I've been wearing mine for almost 4 months now (about 5K miles) and it's like an old friend.

trini,

I just traded the old RF-800 for This One.

It was tighter than the Shoei size for size, but after some careful smoothing work inside to take away the sharp edges, now it is OK. Noise and heat compared to the Shoei is a push. Quality is not on par with the Shoei, but for $155 ya can't complain.

--G

trini,
I just traded the old RF-800 for This One.

It was tighter than the Shoei size for size, but after some careful smoothing work inside to take away the sharp edges, now it is OK. Noise and heat compared to the Shoei is a push. Quality is not on par with the Shoei, but for $155 ya can't complain.

--G
thanks G-man i did like that one it sells for 165.00 in this neck of the woods for the xxl any how.

i think i have some more thinking to do and some looking on ebay also. :D thanks all

Last edited by a moderator: