HJC's new Carbon Fiber Lid

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any experience with this thing? How quiet? Build quality? Ventilation quality?
You talking about the AC-12? Been out about 6 months or so? Saw a guy riding a ZZR with one just two weekends ago. It was SHIT HOT looking. I didn't touch it, but the owner said he loved it.

DSC03383.jpg

Here's a thread about it... one guy's personal review:

HJC AC-12 thread

Another FJR pilot I ride with has had one for a few months now and loves it. He goes back and forth between that and an Arai Corsair for "Helmet of the Week". It really is a nice piece of work.........

Any experience with this thing? How quiet? Build quality? Ventilation quality?
You talking about the AC-12? Been out about 6 months or so? Saw a guy riding a ZZR with one just two weekends ago. It was SHIT HOT looking. I didn't touch it, but the owner said he loved it.

DSC03383.jpg

Here's a thread about it... one guy's personal review:

HJC AC-12 thread
Troy on the ZZR is a Joe Rocket rep. They are the importer for HJC. But I have asked him several times if he reeeeally liked it, or like the deal he gets on them... He really likes it, What we need is a "group buy" on this cool lid. What you think.. Smitty :p

Webbikeworld reports it to be very nice, but I gathered it was not particularly light or quiet (compared to the two main competitors?). They say fit and finish is exceptional ( and it sure looked like it to me!).

Troy might do a group buy, but Gary McCoy can probably make a great deal on them every day of the week.

Froogle the HJC AC-12 Carbon Fiber for $302.39 and $20 shipping. Not bad!

I've been using an AC-12 "Axis" for about 8 months and 9000 miles now.

The helmet is comparable in noise to my older RF-800 Shoei. Fit (for me) is definitely on the tight side size for size. I had to do some slight messaging of the interior foam for a comfortable fit. The lid is finally beginning to feel better with time. Build and material quality is a notch below the name brand Shoei or Arai. You do get what you pay for. Shield action is much poorer, but so far is working fine. The shield also does not have the multi position feature of the Shoei.

I have always worn Shoei full face but...based on this first experience and the price point would probably buy one again.

--G

I ordered one about a year ago.

Received it last March.

Rode with it all last summer.

I was is a accident in September, it did the job.

I likely left the bike between the posted speed of 45 mph and 60 mph.

There is a good scrape along the top and the dark smoke visor.

Ill be buying another.

Mark

Fjr eh